Saturday, May 24, 2008

The father and the son( scene 51 to 59)

(by alok nadna, Dedicated to a pearl )
Scene 51
Characters : The father and the mother.
Morning/ Ext/ out side the beautiful small house
(The father enters into the house premises with his Jeep and takes a deep breath. Then he jumps from the Jeep. When he enters into the house he see the mother is chanting some mantras sitting before pictures of some god and goddess. He looks to the father and continue with his mantras. Father seems very tired. He enters into his bed room and fells down on the bed. The mother comes into the rooms. Her eyes are red because he was weeping whole night.)
The mother
Why did not my son come back?
The father
(Opening his eyes) It is a court procedure and the law is doing its own work. I think it will take time.
The mother
(In a loud voice) How can a father sleep while his son is in jail?
The father
I am trying my best but it is not at my hand. I have met him yesterday night. He is al right. You need not worry about him.
The mother
(In a very loud voice) How can you say it? Need not worry about him!
The father
Do not eat my head. I am already tired.
The mother
(In a same tone) Bring my son her.
The father
So that you can love him like a man!
The mother
(In a little surprise) What! What you said. I think you have lost your mental balance. A father is think about his son like this way…What a hell you are!
The father
You just stay here, I am going.
The mother
You always fly, yes you always fly.
(The father stands up and goes out of the door. The mother chase him to the door)
The mother
You have spoiled my life and now you spoiling my son life.
cut to…
Scene 52
Characters : The son, the golden chain man and the five murders.
Night /Ent/the cell
(The son and the golden man are laying together, the five murders are sleeping)
The golden chain man
I have three children. They would be sleeping now. They always demands stories from me. Do you like story?
The son
My mother would tell me. She was a good story teller. She would tell me the stories of god and goddess.
The golden chain man
Tell me some stories. I will tell them to my children, and I am sure the will be happy to listen its.
The son
I am not a good story teller. I cannot narrate them so beautifully as my mother would.
The golden chain man
What will you do after going out from the jail?
The son
I do not know…First I will to my mother.
The golden chain man
Do your father and forefather have lands.
The son
Yes, my forefathers were farmers, but my father joined a government job and then he left agriculture.
The golden man
Then who ploughs your land?
The son
Land workers. My mother manages everything.
The golden chain man
It is not good. One day they will capture your land. You and your family must be careful about it. These lands workers are being organized systematically. Lands are our jewels. We have to protect them at any cost…Yes, at any cost. Now you are involved in a crime, I do not think any good man will his daughter to you. (He smiles) But you are too handsome, you can win the heart of any girl.
(A snake enters into the cell. It advances to the golden chain man. The son looks to the snake and stands up quickly. He catches the snakes with its tail and very artistically catch its neck. All the prisoners look to him with surprise. The golden chain man watches him very carefully. )
The son
(Catching the neck of the snake.) Now it will not move. It is under control.
A murders
You have done excellent job. Let me do this. I want to catch its neck.
The son
It is poisonous. Let me show you its teeth.
(He turns to the golden chain man)
Give me your revolver.
(The golden chain man gives him his revolver. And he opens the mouth of the snake with the help of revolver.)
Yes, Look here…it is its sting. Let me break it.
(With the help of revolver he breaks the sting of the snake.)
Now any one can play with him like an alive toy, it is harmless now.
The golden chain man
Let me see it. Are you sure it will not harm me.
The son
Now he is angry. After two days he will be easy with us.
You can take it.
(The golden chain man takes the snake with a little fear, the son laughs and with him all the murders laugh.)
The golden chain man
You are very much skill full to deal a snake !
The son
I learned it in Nagaland. My childhood friends were very much expert in catching snakes. I would wonder with them whole day in the dense forest looking for snakes. Catching a snake and breaking its sting was great pleasure among us. (In an exciting tone). We would catch more than seven or eight snakes a day.
The second murder
(Looking to the snake) He would kill one of us tonight. You have saved us. Thank you very much.
The son
It is angry and afraid. Let it has some rest. I want a shirt. I will put it into its pocket.
(The third murder opens his long shirt and advances it to the son)
The third murder
You can use it.
(The son puts the snake into the pocket of his shirt and close it very artistically.)
The golden man
(Looking to him)
You are able to play with poisonous creatures. You have a killing instinct.
Cut to…

Scene 53.

Character: The father
(He is sleeping in his Jeep out side his house.)

Scene 54
Characters : The son, the golden chain man and the five murders.
Ext/morning/ bathing place.
(The golden chain man and two murders are inside a big water tub. They are enjoying with water while the son is standing besides the tub and watching them.Three murders are opening their clothes in order to jump into the tub. Water is continuously flowing from a big pipe into the tank. )
The golden chain man
(looking to the son)
Come in side the tub. It is a wonderful water.
The son
I will not come. I do not want a bath.
The golden chain man
It will be a great fun. Just come in.
The son
No.
The golden chain man
(Looking to the boys who are putting off their clothes)
Hey! Bring the boy here. Do it fast.
(All the three boys looks to the son and advance to him)
The son
No !
The golden chain man
Catch him.
(When the three boys comes near to the son, he runs away and all of them chase him)
The golden chain man
Catch him.
(They catch the son and bring him to the tub, and then throw him into the big tub. All of them laugh, including the son. Then all the three boys push one-another into the tub. They laugh and enjoy. The son put off his clothes in the tub, and feels that he has a revolver in his waist. The expression of his face changes and he is tense. In side the water he covers the revolver with his shirt and puts them on a wall besides the tub. No one notice that he has a revolver. All of them bathe and enjoy)
Cut to…

Scene 54
Characters : The father, his associate and the chief officer
Ent/morning/ in side a room
(All the them are sitting around a table)
The chief officer
(Looking to the father)
You have done a good job. I think we are going to catch some big fishes.
The father
The DM is involved in this fraud case. It was the DM who has signed over all the papers.
The chief officer
We have sufficient proof to arrest him?
The father
Yes. He has earned a lot of money and going to quite the job. He has been offered to join a big multinational company.
The chief officer
Arrest him. I want to see him behind the bar.
The father
Some big political persons are also involved in this case. But we have no substantial proof.
The chief officer
Then collect the proofs, I think you get more form the DM. Do you have anything in your mind?
The father
No sir.
Cut to…

Scene 55
Characters : Prisoners of all the wards
Ext/day/out side the wards.
(Prisoners of all the 7 wards are standing at the wards gate. They are in agitated mood and making noise)
We want food !!
We want food !!
We want food !!
(All the jail guards are very much alert)
(In side a ward a prisoner is addressing others prisoners)
The prisoner
Prisoners are being killed in the jail. They are not being protected. We are not safe here. In side the jail anywhere, anytime anyone can be killed. We are hungry. They did not provide us food yesterday, why? We will have to talk to the Jailer. If he does not fulfill our demands, we will strike…Hunger strike.
a prisoner
Hay, Son of a leader!! We are already on hunger strike. And we want food.
All the prisoners
We want food !!
We want food !!
We want food !!
Cut to…

Scene 56
Characters : Some media men, and some jail guards
Ext/ Day/ at the main jail gate.
(Some journalist are standing at the main gate of the jail. They are trying to enter into the jail but are stopped by the jail guards. An jail officer comes out. All the journalist runs to him)
A journalist
What is going on inside the jail? We want to cover the news.
Second journalist
Two prisoner were killed yesterday, and not a single statement has been given by the Jail authority. Who is responsible for these killings ?
An jail officer
We are trying our level best to maintain the law and order in side the jail. First investigation reveals that these two killings are the result of the gang war. I hope you will understand the situation and cooperate with us. It is a difficult time, but situation is under control. Its all.
(The jail officer turns to the gate, while the journalists asks many questions)
Cut to…
Scene 57
Characters – the jailer, two jail guards and the jail officer
Ent/Day/ in side the jailer's office.
(The jail officer enters into the jailer's office.)
The jailer
The media has gone away?
The officer
They want to enter into the jail.
The jailer
They are not allowed. Provide the foods to the prisoners.
The officer
The prisoners are demanding food.
The jailer
Let them bark for a little while. It is a jail, we are not running a canteen here.
Cut to…
Scene 58
Characters : The son, the golden chain man, and the five murders.
Ent/day/cell
(All are sitting together and eating foods from a lunch box.)
The golden chain man
(Eating bread and looking to the son) It is your last meal here.
The son
What do mean?
The golden chain man
Do not worry. You are being released today form the jail.
(The son watches his face)
Your bail has been granted.
The son
You are joking?
The golden chain man
(He looks to a murder) Show him the papers.
(The murder takes out some papers from his pocket and gives it to the son. The son looks over the papers with surprise)
The son
How it is possible !
The golden chain man
My advocate has done this. The magistrate was my man. Now you are a free man.
The son
I am grateful to you.
The golden chain man
No, matter. I have a list of my enemies. Would you like to meet me out side the jail ? Go and enjoy I will meet you very soon.
(The son shakes his head in affirmation and looks to the papers again)
Cut to…

Scene 59
Characters : The son, two jail guards, two brothers of the wounded man who is struggling for his life in the hospital, with three men
Ext/day in front of the jail gate.
(The son comes out of the jail gate. He turns and looks to the jail gate. He turns his head and looks to the jail gate and then he advances to a certain direction. From a far distance the two brothers are sitting in a closed car and watching him. A driver starts the car and follows him. The son comes to the main road and looks for the auto. When he does not got any auto he walks ahead. The car is still following him. He looks to a running auto and gives his hand to stop. When it stops, the car comes very close to him and one of the brother opens the window of the car and with his revolver aims to him. The son looks to him and realizes the dangers. Automatically he takes out his revolver and fires over him three shots. The man who was trying to shoot him is hit by his bullet. All of them were not accepting encounter from his side. The driver runs away with the car. And the son jumps into the auto with his revolver and ask the driver to run. The auto driver follows his instruction. After a little while he asks the auto driver to stop his auto and he jumps off and runs into a narrow street. The auto driver too runs to a different direction, he is little afraid.)
Cut to….

5 comments:

Elsie said...

Alok,

The prison just released the boy without notifying his parents?! Why were the only people greeting the child the men who planned to kill him? How did they know he was leaving, and why didn't the parents?

When I am in the movie theater watching this film (sitting on the edge of my seat dressed in pearls) I'd want to understand how a child gets released from jail in India. Maybe it was as simple as being marched out the door. How did the release work? It is hard for me to imagine. Was the man with the golden chain a prisoner who could walk freely in the prison? Was the child in chains? Too many questions I know...I just want to see the whole image.

I guess American jails are no less brutal just a touch more organized, at least more formal in appearance with lots of paper work. I imagine there is some kind of formality to leaving prison? How did he get out the door with the gun? How was he hiding it? That might be an interesting detail. Did he wrap it in a shirt and carry it out with him? Was he scared to be holding the gun...did his heart beat as he left the gate. I want to see that scene. It means something to me.

Of course being greeted with gun fire was a shock! SO...perhaps a little falling action while he leaves the prison (just a little) might help the audience catch their breath. Will this child ever find peace?

Keep going Alok...don't stop!
Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara!!
Relesing form a jail is very simple process, so why I did not go into detail. The prisoner is just asked to come in the office and sign over a document and the he is released. It is just a process. If you wants to see this process, I will write. A lot of more important events are awating, and I am facing space problem as I am working under script format. I know you can sit in the theater more than ''eight' hours for this movie, but will it not break the theatre's timing grammer? I have to say a lot of things reagarding Indian Jail. But not here!!!

OK, I will come back and write those relesing scenes.

Alok nandan

Elsie said...

You are right Alok...and eight hour flim would be a bit long, no matter how exciting.

Since the gun will play a big role within moments of your release I think a moment to hide the gun discreetly among your things might be important. (?)

It is a big deal in the plot that you were released. I'd like to see the release. If it is only a moment when you are walked to the gate and shoved out the door to face gun fire.

It is a powerful image to think of a young boy being release from prison on his own in a big city. There is a brutality to that image.

Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara!!1
Wait Wait!! it is not the story of a big city like mumbai...it was my eary days and in small city where everything goes slowly. so just think about a small city, not a big city. But you are right I have to right the gun scene. It make sense. And thank you very much for catching my neck for this scene. You are dangerous regarding creative matter...and I love it. I like it...
alok nandan

Elsie said...

Oh! I thought this took place in Mumbai. Movie scripts are harder to follow than books. You've posted a lot, so I'll move on.

:) Lara