Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The father and the son (Scene 21 to 25)

(by alok nandan, dedicated to a pearl)
Scene 21
Characters : The father and the mother
Night/Ent/bedroom.
(The mother is laying on the bed and weeping bitterly, while the father is sitting besides him.)
The mother
I want my son, I want my son. You never cared me…I thought that my son would care of me…now I have lost him…I want my son. I will not fight with you…please return my son…You know I have cared you as my son…I am never demanding…
The father
Yes, you cared me as your son…both of us could not understand each-other…Against your will I sold all my maternal property…but what I could do all my brothers wanted to sell it?
The mother
And you did not tell me a single word when you were going to sell it, it hurt me…and you lost my confidence…so I started misbehaving with you, and now you are taking revenge. I want my son.
(The father holds the mother in his arms and tries to console her)
Cut to….
Scene 22
Characters : The son, the four youths, the father and the advocate and five police constables.
Morning/Ext/On the road
(The son, four youths and the five police constable are sitting on a police Jeep. All are chained. The Jeep is running. The father and the advocate are sitting on the other Jeep. It is running behind the first one.)
The Advocate
The victim's statement has not been taken till now. He is still struggling for life.
The father
(Driving the Jeep) What will be the result ?
The Advocate
Its totally depends upon the mood of magistrate…I have submitted all the related papers that will show he is minor.
The father
Will it work in the court?
The advocate
Let us see. I am trying my best.
Inter cut…

A youth
(Sitting besides the son, in another Jeep)
You have been booked under act 307.
The son
Act 307 ! What is it?
A youth
Attempt to murder. Do not worry, you will be regarded highly in the jail…It is a good crime. Just maintain and increase your contacts in the jail…
The son
I will be sent jail?
A youth
Sure!
Cut to….

Scene 23
Characters : The father, the son, the advocate, two police
constable, and some people.
(The father and the son are standing outside the court room. The son is chained by the two police constables. The father is little tensed while the son is calm. The advocate comes out the court room. The father looks to his face)
The advocate
Bail is rejected.
Cut to…

Scene 24
Characters: The father, the son, some constables and prisoners
Day / Ext/ In front of Jail gate
(The son comes off the Police Jeep. The father standing there. The son looks to the father's eyes. The father moves his fingers in the son's hair. )
The father
(In sinking voice) I am sorry! But I have talked to the jail authority, you will face no problem here. I would come her with criminals, and today before my eyes my own son is being sent to jail…I am sorry my son, I am sorry.
The son
(With a confident voice, looking to father's eyes) Take care of my mother.
The father
You do not worry about her.
The son
Father I love you both.
(He says and advances to the main gate of the jail.The gate opens and the son enters into the gate with two constables. But before going in, he turns and looks to the father. )
Cut to….
Scene 25
Characters: The son, two constables, a jail officers, some jail guards and some prisoners.
Int/ day/ Inside jail office.
(The son comes inside the door with the two constables. An officer is sitting on a chair. Some jail guards moving here and there. Some prisoners have come there to meet his relatives. The constables go to the jail officer who is busy with a file.)
A constable
(To the busy jail officer, advancing some court's paper)
Take charge of this boy.
(The jail officer looks to the constable and then to the boy and takes the papers)
The jail officer
(to the son) What is your name?
The son
Rohit!
The jail officer
What is the chrge?
(When the son says nothing, he looks to the constable)
What is the charge?
The constable
307. Attempt to murder.
The jail officer
(Looking to the papers ) What have you done?
(The son says nothing, in stead of him the constable answeres)
The constable
He has hit a wine bottle over a man's head.
The jail officer
It is too bad boy! Your father is an officer and you are doing such crime. It is not good. What is your caste?
The son
The Brahman.
The jail officer
(With a little surprise ) Oh no, I am shifting you in the ward number five. Most of the Brahmin prisoners have been sifted there. You will be save there. Do not fight with any one. If you face any problem just come to me. I have talked to your father.
(He looks to a guard) Search this boy through and through.
(The guard searches him through and through)
The guard
He has nothing, sir!
Jail officer
Send him to ward number five.
The guard
(To the son) come with me
(The inner gate of the jail is opened and the son enters into it with the guard. )
Cut to….

No comments: