Monday, May 26, 2008

The father and the son (Scence 60-70)

(by alok nandan Dedicated to a pearl)
Scene 60
The character: The father, his two associates, the young DM, and another young man.
Ext/day/ tennis ground
(The young DM is playing tennis with a young man. The father and his two associates are sitting around a table and drinking cold drinks and looking to the DM)
An associate
(Looking to the DM) He is very young. His wife will miss him.
(The father turns to the associate, and stairs him)
How will he react when we approach him ? For what you are waiting? We should arrest him immediately.
The father
Do not you see he is playing very well? I like his play. Let him finish the game. Till now I would like to enjoy my cold drink.
(Looking to the DM) Good shot.
(When the game finishes The DM comes to his chair and takes a bottle of water. The father comes to him and hold his bottle)
The father
It is not good to drink water after a warm play.
(The DM looks to him with little surprise)
You are a good player but sometime you played bad.
The DM
(still in confusion) I do now get your words.
The father
You have singed five checks to a falls NGO and earned a lot of money. Now you are under arrest. It is CBI here.
The DM
(Loosing his confidence) I am the DM, you know?
The father
I know only that you have used public fund, that’s all. Would you come with us with regard or….
The DM
I want to talk to you my advocate.
The father
Not now. Certainly you will be given chance.

The DM
It is against law.
The father
Did you care the law ? Do not teach me law and come with me. I do not want to create a scene here.
(The father looks into his eyes confidently and he surrender before him)
The DM
Let me change the dress.
The Father
No, need. I am thinking to play with you, but in my court.
(The father and the DM move to the main gate and the his two associates follow them)
Cut to…

Scene 61
Characters : The son and the mother
Day/Ext/ in front of the beautiful house
(The son enters into the house and advances to the main gate. I see a lock on the door and opens it with his key and enters into it. he comes to the drawing room and then to his bed room. He then takes out his revolver and looks to it. Then he checks the magazine. Three shots have been used. He opens his drawer and fills the magazines. Meanwhile the mother enters into the room. )
The mother
(With little surprise) Oh! You came, where is you father?
The son
(Filling the magazine) I do not know.
The mother
He told me that your were in jail and …
The son
Do not worry, I am alright. Everything is materialized.
The mother
(Coming to him) I always tell you not to move with your father. What happened with you?
The son
(putting revolver into the drawer) Nothing, it was just a fighting.
The mother
I hate fighting. Now you will not go anywhere. Go in the worship room and touch the feet of God and Goddess. Because of them you have come back safe and sound. I had been worshiping night and day.
The son
(The son looking to her mother) I am thirsty, let me drink some water.
The mother
First go into the worship room. I bring water for you.
The son
(he said confidently) I will not.
(The mother looks to him with surprise)
The mother
You won't ? Have you gone mad !
The son
Your god and goddess are dead. And I do want to worship dead god and goddess.
The mother
(In a fanatic tone) keep your mum shut and go into the worship room.
(The son goes to the worship room and stands before them. He sees some candles and pick up all of them and burn them. And looking straight to the god and goddess he moves those candles around them. After a little while he blow off them one with one breathe. His eyes are burning with anger)
Cut to…

Scene 62
Characters : The father, The DM and the two associates.
Ent/Day/ in side the big luxurious room.
The DM
(Angrily) What the hell you are doing with me?
The father
I know you are the very small fish, I want sharks. Undoubtedly you will be terminated after this inquiry. You can help yourself by telling me all the truth. I am a kind man and do not want to destroy your career.

The DM
Let me talk to my advocate.
The father
He cannot save you. We have a lot of documented evidence against you. (Looking to his associate) Just show him.
(The associate put forward a file)
You have signed more than five checks for a fake NGO. Besides it, We have checked the accounts of you and your wife as well as evaluated your all property. You wife is very beautiful… I think she will have to spend her time behind bars. What would you like tea or coffee?
(The DM is nervous to see the documents)
You are very much lucky that you have a very beautiful wife who loves you. I am not as lucky as you are.
The DM
What do you want?
The father
Name of those Sharks and the substantial proofs against them.
The DM
Ok, But I want no tricks with me.
The father
Done!
Cut to…



Scene 63
Characters : The son, the father and the mother
Ent/night/dining table
(The son is sitting around the dining table and reading a book. The mother is busy to prepare the table.)
The mother
I have made a special khir for you tonight. My father would love it very much….You know he would always tell me to make this dish. What are you reading?
The son
(Without looking to the mother) Ghost story.
The mother
(Going to the kitchen) You should read some wise men's stories. They will make you wise. You have finished your school, (Coming back from the kitchen with a pot in her hand and putting it on the dining table) Why do not you join some summer classes? You will learn some new things.
The son
I have learned many new things in jail in two days only.
The mother
Likes?
The son
(in an irritating tone) How to kill a man perfectly.
The mother
Like father, likes son.
The son
(Looks to her) Do you love father?
The mother
He is always busy with his works. I do not know what he does?
The son
Do you love father?
The mother
All woman loves her husbands.
The son
Then why do quarrel with him always?
The mother
(Sitting besides him) I have protected him like a son but he never understands my words and it makes me angry. But you should not think about it.
The son
If someone loves you, Will he kill him?
Mother
(The mother laughs a hearty laugh, and the son looks to him with smile) …It is an interesting question. You must ask this question to your father. If someone loves me, Will he kill him?
The son
I am not joking, Just tell me.
The mother
Hum! You are not joking, then I must be honest to you. I think no man can tolerate her woman lover. Do you love any girl? Do you love any woman?
(The son looks her and with a little hesitation)
The son
Father tells me that I love you.
(The mother laughs again, a hearty laugh)
The mother
All children love their mothers.
The son
No, he tells me that I love you like a man.
(The mother looks to her with little surprise and smile)
The mother
And what he says?
The son
…He says that I love you like a man and he will kill me.
The mother
Has he gone mad ! …And what he says?
The son
And he says…(He looks to the door, the father is standing there and staring him. The son keeps his mum shut. The mother follows her eyes and looks to the father.)
The father
(in angry tone) I will kill you? You son of a pig…You have tried to…(He stops and looks the mother.)…And you ! You do not know how to talk to a child.
The son
I have not told her anything.
The father
Anything! What anything ? Have you told her that you have almost…Dam keep your mum shit. Do you know what have you done ?
The son
(With a little anger) I have seen two people killed before my eyes.
The father
I am not talking about those two people…I am talking about…Where is my revolver?
The Son
In my drawer.
The father
Go and bring that here, Just now.
(The son stands up and goes to his room)
The mother
What has he done?
The father
(In an irritating tone) An you! All woman are alike.
The mother
(With an irritating tone) What do mean by all woman are alike?
(The son comes with the revolver and gives it to the father. The father opens the magazine and check it. Then he smells it and looks to the son. The son sees into his eyes confidently.)
The father
When did you come from Jail?
The son
In day time
The father
When your were released from the jail ?
The son
3.34 PM.
The mother
Why are you behaving with him like a criminal?
The father
Do not eat my head, I am already hungry, bring something to eat.
The mother
(In loud voice) Wash your hands and mouth and go to the worship room and then come to the dinner table.
(The father looks to her angrily and goes to his rooms.)
The son
Will he kill me?
The mother
I will kill him.
The son
I do not want to spent my time with him, Will you help me?
The mother
How?
The son
Just do not leave me alone.

The mother
Do not worry I am with you.
The son
Thank you. Do you love Father ?
The mother
(In an angry and irritating voice) Who the hell will love that mad man!!!
(The son starts reading the book. After a little while the father comes with a new night dress , very much fresh)
The father
What you are reading?
The son
Ghost storirs.
The father
You are reading right thing. I would love to make you a ghost. And I am sure you too would love it.
(The looks to him)
You have used it.
The son
What ?
The father
(In an irritating tone) Woman! I am talking about the revolver.
The mother
(She comes with a pot and looks to the man with surprise.) Do you know how to talk to a child? Woman!!
The Father
Do not eat my head, I am hungry. Have you used it?
The son
Yes!!
(The mother looks to the son with surprise ) You have used a woman !!!
(The son looks to the mother and then to the father.)
The father
(to the mother)Why are you standing here?
The mother
(In loud voice) For Eating your hungry brain.

(The father looks to the mother angrily, and she goes back into the kitchen. Then he turns to the son and looks to him as if he is waiting for his words)
The son
Some one waned to kill me, and I used three shots.
The father
The three shots!! I have lost my smelling power, perhaps. Your mother makes good food.
(The mother listen the father words, looks to him like with little softness.)
How many people you have kills ?
The son
I saw four men and fired three shots. And it was body fire I could not see the results as they runs away with their car. And then I came here.
The father
Ok! Can you recognize them?
The son
Yes.
The Father
You will stay with me until I arrest them.
The son
Am I caged ?
The father
Do not forget that you have tried to kill me.

(They are served food and the eat together)
The father
(To mother) You are a good cook but you do not cook like my mother.
The mother
Then go to your mother.
Cut to….
Scene 64
Characters : The mother, the father and the son
Int/Day/ in side the house
(The father is ready to go outside, the son is still reading a ghost novel, the mother is ironing some clothes.)
The father
(to the son) You feel free to stay here but do not move outside. I will come back very soon.
The son
I can not stay here for long.
The father
(In an authoritative tone) You will have to stay.
( The mother looks to the father but says nothing. The father goes out.)
The mother
He is always a barking man.
(The son stands up and turns to the door)
Where are you going?
The son
I want some fresh air.
The mother
Your father has told you to stay inside the house.
The son
I will come back before him.
(The son goes out of the door)
Cut to…
Scene 65
Characters : The father, the wounded man, and two women.
Ext/ hospital
(The father enters into the hospital premises with his Jeep. After parking it he enters into the hospital and goes to the ward where the wounded man is laying. He is in conscious state. One woman is sitting besides him and one is standing there.)
The father
(Coming to the wounded man)
You have recovered, it is good.
(The man looks to him)
It was just an accident and you should had forgotten it.
The woman
He is unable to speak.
The father
Well, Who are you?
The woman
I am his wife.
The father
Where is the other members of your family, I want to see them.
The woman
I do not know. They have not turned up since yesterday.
The father
Can you tell me where I will get them?
The woman
How can I say? I am too waiting for them.
The father
Ok. I will come latter. If they turn ups you must ask them to see me. (Looking to the wounded man) Take care of him.
The woman
Who are you?
The father
I am the father of the son who hit him.
Cut to…
Scene 66
Characters: The son, The golden chain man, The five murders and the three men who had attacked on the son before the jail gate.
Ext/day/Road side
(The son is walking on the road. He is lost in himself. A marshal Jeep over takes him and stops besides him. He looks to the Jeep. The golden chain man is driving the Jeep. He smiles.)
The Golden chain man
You were not expecting me so soon ! Where are you going?
The son
Just taking the fresh air.
The golden chain man
(Opening the gate of the Jeep) Come in. We are going besides a river. I hope you would like to enjoy it. It will be a great fun.
(The son enters into the Jeep and closes the door)
The son
I love river, its stream excite me.
The golden chain man
Do you know how to swim?
The son
I love to swim against the stream.
The golden chain man
We will have a great fun today. (Taking out the snake from a bag.) Your snake it still with me. I think it is a good gift you have given me.
(The son takes the snakes from his hand and looks to its eyes)
The son
It feels safe.
(The car starts running)
The golden chain man
How did you feel in jail?
The son
Thanks for your help.
The golden chain man
No need. I was just enjoying the jail. In fact I had to kill that man. It was necessary. You did a good job.
The son
Good job!
The Golden chain man
What happened out side the jail after your releasing? Perhaps some people tried to kill you ?
The son
They tried to fire over me, but I shoot three shots on them.
The golden chain man
Can you recognize them?
The son
Of course.
The golden chain man
Look under the back seat.
(The son turns his head and looks under the seats. Three men are laying under the seats. Their legs and hands are tied and three murders are having their revolvers on their heads. They have their boots over their bodies. They are very much afraid.)
(The son looks to the golden chain man, holding the snake in his hand.)
The golden chain man
They are the same people?
The son
Yes!
The golden chain man
They are the brothers of that man whom you knocked down in the bar.
The son
But that was an accident.
The golden chain man
But it was an brutal act to kill a man. You had almost killed him. What should we do with these men?
The son
I do not know.
The golden chain man
I warned him not to harm you, but they did not listen my words. Let me think of them. How your mother is?
The son
Fine.
The golden chain man
What did you eat yesterday night?
The son
(Looking to the tied people) Must leave them.
The golden chain man
Man are more dangerous than snake. If once you hit a man, just kill him, otherwise he will kill you. (He looks to the snake.)
When I refused them to kill you, they were talking to the opposite party to kill you.
The son
(Looking ahead) Check post!
(Some policemen are standing at the check post. The golden chain man stops his Jeep at the check post, and looks to the Inspector.)
The golden chain man
Inspector! I am just coming from the jail, and do not want to go jail again without meeting my wife. Ha ! Ha!!
The inspector
I am at your service sir. (He looks to the constables) let the Jeep go.
The golden chain man
(Give him some two thousand rupees) Bring some sweets for your children.
The inspector
No, need sir.
The golden chain man
Take it.
(The inspector takes the money with a little hesitation and smile. And the Jeep once again runs fast)
Cut to…

Scene 67
Character: The father, the auto driver, and a garage man
Ext/day/outside a garage
(The father is standing out side a garage beside the same car that have been used for shooting his son. The auto driver who was present there is standing besides the father. A garage man is standing there)
The father

(To the garage man, watching the car intensely) Who used this car yesterday?
The garage man
I do not know. It came in our garage today for denting and painting.
The father
Who is the owner of this car?
The garage man
I have to check the servicing book.
The father
Do it now.
(The garage man checks the service book. The father comes close to the window of the car and watches the bullet spot on the window.)
The auto driver
Sri, I have not involved in this matter. I am an honest man. So please let me go. you have got the car.
The father
Ok, but do not mention this incident any one.
The auto driver
Never.
The father
You man go.
(The auto driver goes away. The garage man hands him the service books)
The garage man
Here is the address of the owner of the car.
(The father sees the address and notes it on a note-book)
The father
Thank you. See you soon.
Cut to….

Scene 68
Characters: The son, The golden chain man, The five murders and the three men who had attacked on the son before the jail gate.
Ext/ day/ besides a river
(The jeep is running along side the river. All of them are sitting there in their usual places.)
The golden chain man
During rainy season, all the place is filled up with water. Now it is dry.
A murder
Big brother, These men are creating troubles. One of them has passed water on my feet. I cannot tolerate him.
(All the four boys laughs along with the golden chain man. The golden chain man stops the Jeep.)
The golden chain man
I think it is the good place. I want to have a good bath first. Till now asks them to dig the ground.
(He comes off the Jeep. The son and all the five murders come down. Two of them runs toward the river, opening their clothes.
One murder
I will catch some fishes.
The second one
And I will help you.
The golden man
(Opening his clothes) Seeing water boys becomes mad. I am mad too. Let me come with you.
The fourth murder
(Denoting to the tied people)What about these people?
The golden chain man
Ask them do dig there home. (Looking to the son) open your clothe and jump into the river. We will swim together.
(The son gives the snake to a murder and opens his clothes. When he puts his clothe in side the Jeep he sees a stick. He takes it out.) What will do with it?
The son
(Looking to the sick) I will catch fishes with it.
The golden chain man
It is used for cattle not for fishes.
The son
Let me show you how to catch fishes with stick.
(Both of them runs to the river, and jumps into it. The three murders open the back door and ask those people to come out. With a help of knife one of the murder cut there ropes and make them free.)
The murder
(Having revolver in his hand) Do not try to run, otherwise I will shoot all of you.
The fifth murder
(The fifth murder throws a spade before him.) Dig three whole here.
Cut to…
Scene 69
Character: The son, the golden chain man, and the two murders.
Ext/day/in side river
All of them are bathing and playing. With his stick he is fishing. He is very conscious to see the fish on the surface of water, and strike the stick over them whenever he sees them. He has killed more than ten big fishes. All of them are very happy. Mean while all the three men are digging the ground with the help of spade. All the three murders having revolvers in their hands are sitting around them. All of the people looks to each-other and communicate through eyes and all of sudden run in to three different directions. The murders looks to them and fire more than ten shots together. All of them fell down on the ground. They are dead men now.
The golden chain man
(Looking to the three murders from the river, in an irritated tone) They have killed them. It is a bad work.
(He comes out of the river and goes to them. He is angry)
Who told you to kill them ? Who will dig land for them?
The fifth murder
They were running.
The golden chain man
Police will find the dead bodies. I wanted to push them under the ground. Always do what I say. Now throw all the bodies into the river. I never want to pollute the. More than five thousand villages use the river's water. Now throw them.
(One after another they throw all the dead bodies into the water. The son and two other murders come out of the river. Their hands are full of fishes. The golden chain man looks to them and becomes happy)
You have done good job. But we will have to leave this place as soon as possible.
(He looks angrily to the three murders who have killed the people)
Cut to…


Scene 70
Character : The father and an old man
Ext/day/out side a flat.
(The father pushes the call bell of the flat and after a little while an old man comes out. The old man looks to the father with a question mark in his eyes.)
The father
I want to know about a car.
The old man
I had only one car but I sold it one yesterday. I do not have more to sell.
The father
It was a white car?
The old man
Yes, Sorry man you are little late.
The father
Whom you sold it?
The old man
They came to me through broker. I did not know them.
The father
Can you give me the address of the broker.
The old man
You want to buy a car? Certainly I will help you. Let me find out the visiting card of that broker. You just wait, better you come inside.
The father
Thank you, I am staying here.
(The old man goes back and after a little while he comes with the card of the broker)
The old man
(Giving the card) He is a brutal broker. He will try to cut your throat. Take care.
The father
Thank you.
(He turns back)

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Alok,

The story, your story, is so violent. It was meant to be written but I am without words tonight. I hate to think of the world like this. I hate that this happened to you. I wish Dr. Sophia had saved you.

If I were in the theater watching this I'd be hiding my face in my hands waiting for the violence to end.

I liked the introduction of your mother. She seems like refuge at last. I liked that you asked her to stay with you. Are the women and girls sheltered from this violent world?

I loved the scene where you said her gods were dead. The ghost story was interesting too. You are doing a marvelous job. But I hate this sad world...it is horrible.

Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara !!
Lara! I hate violence from the bottom of my heart, but I cannot deney that I am the creation of this violence. I was trying to escape from that life,but I had no way. Even I did not like to recall it. But I am doing, and again I am facing that vilence.
Today the concept of the comedy script makes me laugh. It is good to laugh. The days of horror have gone, I want to laugh. A psychic director with his excellent script and bundle actores!!! It is great.
alok nandan