Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The father and the son (Scene 36 to 40)

( by alok nandan, dedicated to a pearl)
Scene 36
Characters : The son, the golden chain man and the prisoners.
Night/Ent/in side ward.
(The son is sitting of the bed and the golden chain man eating some local sweets, laying on the bed.)
The golden chain man
(Eating sweets) Do you know how this sweet is made?
The son
My mother makes better sweets than this ones.
The golden chain man
(Laughs) Ha! Ha!! Ha!!!
The son
(Looking to him angrily) Why are you laughing ?
The golden chain man
These have been made by my wife, and she claims that no one can make sweets like her….Ha ! Ha!! And you are saying your mother makes better sweets than these ones….Ha!! Ha!! Ha!!
(The sun smiles)
(Looking to son face)
You have a killing smile. I am sure girls would love you. Do you love any girl?
The son
No!!

The golden chain man
When you go to meet the Jailer, You will get something for me.
I will wait for you, we will eat together.
The son
I want to move.
Cut to…

Scene 37
Characters : The son, the bearded man and prisoners
Night/Ent/in side ward.
(The son is sitting against the wall. His eyes are close. The bearded man looks to him and comes and then sits beside him.)
The beard man
(Sitting besides him and closing his eyes)
What you are thinking?
(The son closes his eyes and looks to him and then again closes his eyes)
The son
About death.
The bearded man
I am feeling, I am very near to it.
The son
I do not understand what you say.
The bearded man
One of my men has been killed in this jail today, and you were present at the spot. I know who has killed him. Jail is a killing place. I am fighting against the cruelty of jail. It is my 31 man. My thirty people have been killed in various jails of the state. They have planned my death, I can smell it in the air. Can you recognize those men?

The son
Yes! Their faces are still moving before my eyes.
The bearded man
You will have to recognize them before the jail authority.
The son
I will not do it.
The bearded man
You can save my life in this way. You just do it… do it for the countless prisoners who are being treated badly in the jails.
(He takes out the application and advances it to the son) You sign over it.
The son
I will not. It is none my business.
(The door of the ward is opened by a jail guard. The guard enters into the ward )
The Guard
(In a loud voice) Where is the new prisoner ?
(He looks around and see the son, sitting against the wall. He comes to him) You are being called in the office.
(The son looks to him and stands up)
The bearded man
You are going to face the murders. Now everything will depend upon you. I will be waiting for you.
(The son looks to him and then turns to the gate with the jail guard.)
Cut to…

Scene 38
Characters : The father, his associate and the leader
Night/Ent/ in a well decorated hall.
(Father is sitting and reading some papers. The associate is standing before him.)
The father
(Looking to the papers) I want all the answers of this questions. I am not in mood to spend much time over this leader.
The associate
Sir, a news has come from the jail.
(The father looks to him with a question mark in his eyes.)
A prisoner has been killed brutally in the jail, and your son is the eye witness. The jail authority is going to interview him.
The father
Is he safe and sound?
The associate
Yes!
The father
The leader has taken his lunch ?
The associate
Yes sir! He is waiting to see you.
The father
Let me meet him.
(He stands and goes to a door, picking up a bottle of water. The associate opens the door. The father sees that the leader is sitting on a chair. Some meat and breads are present on the table. He is completely naked and afraid. The father comes to him and sits before him.)
The father
(Looking to the food on the table)You have eaten too much, Now you need water. But let me know about your fraudulent. You have miss managed the public fund.
The leader
You are humiliating me. And I will complain against you.
The father
If you are alive. No more argument just come to the point.
The leader
You are going unconstitutional.
The father
Do not teach me constitution. I have no time.
It will be continue…
Scene 39.
Characters : The son, The jailer, Five prisoner who have killed a prisoner and six jail guard.
(The son is sitting in the jail office with the jailer. He is an old man.)
The jailer
I have read your file. You are not a professional criminal. I know you were present at the murder spot. Can you recognize those murders? Do not afraid, I am with you.
The son
No.
The jailer
You are telling lie. I hop you are not involve in any gang here. We only try to maintain law and order in the jail. And we will not allow any one to break it. You should help us. I have identify some of the persons, You just glance over them and say me if they are the murder or not?
(He rings the bell that is laying on the table, a jail guard enters into the office.)
Bring all the suspected prisoners here.
(The jail guard goes out)

The son
I told you I do not recognize them.
The jailer
I do not want to afraid you, it is just a routine work. I have to do my duty.
it will be continue..

Scene 38 (Continue)
The father
(Looking to the Leader) I think I have given you much time.
(He turns to the associate) Call his daughter and wife here. He would like their company.
The leader
(With a little surprise and hesitation) They are standing out side?
The father
And are very much eager to meet you.
The leader
(Looking to himself) No, Do not call them here. Oh ! give me some water.
The father
First tell me the whole story about your fraudulent.
(The father drinks some water from the bottle)
The leader
I will you whatever you want to know.
The father
Good !!
Cut to…

Scene 39 (Continue)
(All the five murders enter into the office. The son looks to their faces and recognize them, but say nothing. He turns to the jailer)
The jailer
(Looking to the murders) You all have killed a prisoners, I know it. And I do not tolerate such activities in my jail.
(The prisoners say nothing but look here and there. The young prisoner who has used a rod looks to the son with burning eyes. The jailer turns to the guard)
Take them back.
(One by one they leaves the office. )
The young murder
(Looking to the son) See you soon.
The jailer
What you said?
The young murder
He is my friend, I know him very well.
The jailer
(With anger)
Get out.
(The prisoner goes out.)
The son
I want to go. You should not called them here. It might be dangerous for me.
The jailer
Do not worry. You are safe here. If you have any problem come to me. You may go now.
(The son stands up and goes out of the door. As soon as he comes out a jail guard come to him with a big lunch box.)
The guard
(Handing over him the lunch box) It is lunch for the Big brother. Give it to him when you go back in you ward. And please do not mention about it to any one.
(The son takes the lunch box and turns to the inner door of the Jail. The guard smiles.)
Cut to…
Scene 40
Characters : The father, the associate and the leader.
The leader
I have only carried the order of our senior politicians. I could not go against their will.
The father
You have served two CMs in the same way.
The leader
I had no alternatives. If I had denied , I would have thrown away from the power. .
The father
How much you have earned through these practices? …Nine hundred crore Rupees !!
The leader
Only two hundred crore Rupees. A big part goes to their account.
The father
Good!! (Turning to associate) Now all his statement has been recorded. You just take care of him, I am going to the jail
The associate
Jail! Why, sir?
The father
My son is in side the jail.
(Father stands and goes to the door, and then turns to the associate) Provide him water. No more cruelty.
(He walks very fast out of the house and starts his Jeep and runs it)
Cut to….
Scene 40
Characters : The father, the associate and the leader.
The leader
I have only carried the order of our senior politicians. I could not go against their will.
The father
You have served two CMs in the same way.
The leader
I had no alternatives. If I had denied , I would have thrown away from the power. .
The father
How much you have earned through these practices? …Nine hundred crore Rupees !!
The leader
Only two hundred crore Rupees. A big part goes to their account.
The father
Good!! (Turning to associate) Now all his statement has been recorded. You just take care of him, I am going to the jail
The associate
Jail! Why, sir?
The father
My son is in side the jail.
(Father stands and goes to the door, and then turns to the associate) Provide him water. No more cruelty.
(He walks very fast out of the house and starts his Jeep and runs it)
Cut to….

1 comment:

Elsie said...

WOW! This was great! The tension is exciting. I noticed you accidently duplicated the last scene. You must have pasted it twice.

The prison scene juxtaposed with the interrogation adds to the intensity. I can't imagine how this ends. I like that. Predictability is boring. The tempers of the father and son characters make the plot hard to predict. I'm not certain that they will always make the most rational or logical decisions which keeps the story fluid.

I'm not sure where reality ends and fantasy begins but I'm not bothered by that any more. It seems believable.

Yay for you! :)
Lara