Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The father and the son (Scene 41 to 46)

Scene 41
Character : The son and a jail guard.
Night/ Ext/ In side the jail.
(The son and the guard are moving slowly to the ward. The son is lost in his mind.)
The jail guard
You have joined Big brother's gang?
The son
No.
The jail guard
But you are taking his lunch box. You know, today no prisoner will get food. But no one check Big Brother. He likes home made food. In side the jail, all know who is behind the killing, but no one dare to mention it. Big brother is a very powerful man.
The son
I do not know about him more. He just asked me to bring his lunch from the gate.
The Jail guard
It has some meaning. No one knows how his mind works. But I am sure you are in his good book. But be careful, it is a crime world.
(The son comes to the gate of the ward. The jail guard opens the door and the son enters into the ward.)
Now in side the ward….
(The son goes to the golden chain man who is sitting on his bed. He looks to the son and smiles )
The golden chain man

I have been waiting for you for long, I am too hungry. Give me the lunch box and wash your hands.
(The son hands over him the lunch box. It has four boxes. He opens the three boxes and looks to son)
Bread, kheer and vegetables…Oh, it is a good food. Just come on.
The son
I do not want to eat.
The golden chain man
Why do not you want to eat? It is good food, but I am sure it is not as good as your mother's food. It has been made by my wife. Ha ha !!I have sent a message to my wife that you do not like her food. Wait for answer. Now come and eat.
The son
I am not hungry.
The golden chain man
You have seen a murder today. But you are a strong boy, you should not afraid of it.
The son
I am not afraid. I am thinking about the bearded man.
The golden chain man
(Looking to him keenly) What?
The son
He said that he knew who had planned this murder.
The golden chain man
(Laughing) It is I.
The son
But why?
The golden chain man
My 15 people have been killed by that man and his gang. It is an endless game. But now I am thinking to close this chapter. Wash your hands and eat with me.
(The son washes his hands and eats with him)
The son
The kheer is testy.
The golden chain man
Ha! ha! ha!! My wife will be happy. Let me distribute some kheer among my people.
(He looks to a prisoner) come here, Quantity is less but I think you all will enjoy this kheer. Take it.
(He tries to give the box to the prisoner.)
The prisoner
We are more than fifteen, how can we all eat, it is less?
The golden chain man
Then let us eat. I cannot help you all.
(Both son and the Golden man laugh together and eat.)
The son
(Looking to closed ) What is in that box?
The golden chain man
Some sweets after lunch. Let me see first.
(The golden chain man opens the box. He gets there two revolver made of China. He takes them out.)
Very good. Every thing is going according to plan. It is an automatic revolver. Let me prepare it for you.
(He operates the revolver and gives it to the son. He takes the second revolver in his own hand.) Now you can use it against anyone. Do want to use it?
The son
I ?
The golden chain man
Just come with me. I want to use these revolvers.
(He says and stands up. The son looks to him in bewilderment and he too stands up. The golden chain man goes ahead and the son follows him, still he is in a state of bewilderment.)
Cut to….

Scene 42
Character: The father
Night/ Ext/ road side
(The father is driving his Jeep very fast. He is going to the jail. He is little tensed.)

Scene 43
Characters : The son, the golden chain man, the bearded man
and the prisoners of the ward number 5.
Ent/ night/ in side the ward
(The Golden chain man comes to the bearded man who is laying on the ground. The son is following him. Both of them have revolvers in their hands. The son is still in a state of bewilderment. He does not what is happening around him. The golden chain man kicks on the face of the bearded man. A flwo of blood comes from his nose. The son is shocked to see it. He tries to move away but the golden man stops him with his hand)
The golden chain man
Do not move. It is just a start.
(The bearded man looks to him. He is afraid. The golden man kicks him continuously. All the prisoners look to him but say nothing. They are afraid.)
I was waiting for this time for long. You have killed my many people. Now no rat and cat game.
(He strike over his head with the butt of revolver. A flow of blood comes from his head.)
The son
(In a state of irritation) Why are you beating him brutally?
The golden chain man
He is the master mind behind all the killings.
The bearded man
Leave me! Please leave me!!
The golden chain man
You wanted to kill me!! Only I will rule over this jail.
(The bearded man to catch his legs and asks for forgiveness, but there is no mercy. He continue beats him brutally)
Inter cut….

Scene 44
Character: The father, the jailer and two jail guards
Night/ Ext/ in front of the jail
(The father stops his Jeep in front of the jail, runs fast to the main gate. He looks to the jail guards)
The father
I am from CBI. I just want to meet the jailer. Open the gate.
(He shows his I card. The guard opens the gate, he enters into the gate quickly. The guard leads him to the jailer office who is still sitting in his office.)
The jailer
(Looking to father)
What Can I do for you?
The father
I want to meet my son.
The jailer
Come in the morning.
The father
I am from CBI and I wants to see my son just now. Please help me.
The jailer
You son in my jail!
The father
Today he has been shifted her.
Jailer
The boy! He is the witness of a murder. I have just talked to him. He is safe and sound. Nothing to worry.
The father
Let me see him, please.
Jailer
(Thinking something) Come with me.
(The jailer stands up and goes out of the office. The father follows him quickly.)
(Both of them are walking fast inside the jail. Four jail guard are walking with them.)
Jailer
He is a nice kid. What has he done?
The father
He has broken a bottle of wine against a man's head.
Jailer
Attempt to murder.
The father
Yes. And I am worried about him.
Jailer
A good father always worries about one's son. Today a prisoner has been killed in the jail and he is the eye witness.
The father
Has he recognized the killers?
The jailer
No, perhaps he is afraid. But I have assured him not to worry. I will personally looks after him.
The father
Thank you very much.
inter cut…

Scene 43 (Continue)
(The golden chain man has beaten the bearded man brutally. He looks to the son)
The Golden chain man
(Looking to the son)
Kill him.
The son
No.
The Golden chain man
(In an emphatic tone) I say kill him.
The bearded man
(Looking to the Golden chain man) Please do not kill me. I will not go against your will ever. Please do not kill me.
The golden chain man
A snake cannot be left after a beat. Just kill him.
The son
I will not.
The golden chain man
(With a little smile) Dear I wanted to see your killing instinct. But do not worry let me finish this job. Then I will talk to you.
(He fires three shots on the bearded man)
Cut to….
Scene 44
Character: The father, the jailer and four jail guards
Night/ Ext/ in side the jail.
(All of them listen the sound of shots. They looks to each-other)
The jailer
Where it comes from?
A guard
From ward number five.
The father
Where is my son?
The jailer
He is in ward number five.
The father
Where it is?
The guard
That side.
(The father runs to that side.)
Jailer
(In loud voice) calls more force. (He too runs behind the father. Two guard starts wistling. A lot of jail guards runs from the different sides. The father comes to the main gate of the ward number five. A jail guard opens the lock and he enters into the ward. The jailer too enters into the ward with jail guards. All the prisoners in the ward are laying here and there closing their eyes. The golden chain man is laying in his own bed while the son is sitting at his usual place against the wall, closing his eyes. The body of the bearded man is laying there. All the jail guards are very attentive. They are holding their rifles strongly The father looks to the dead body and then to the son who is sitting against the wall, closing his eyes.)
The jailer
Oh! one more killing.
Cut to….
Intermission

Scene 45
Characters : The father, the son, the jailer
Night/ Ent/ In the jail office.
(All are sitting around a desk. The father and jailer are very tensed while the son is still in a state of bewilderment)
The jailer
The situation is not under control. It is the second murder inside my jail. What the hell is going on here.
(Looking to the son) You were present on both the spots. You know very well who are behind these murders.
The father
Do not interrogate him. Are you not looking he is afraid and unable to speak? Why do you not ask others prisoners? Prisoners are using revolver in side your jail …Hum!
The jailer
No prisoner is saying a single word about this murder. All were sleeping ! How is it possible ? They think we all are ass. This kid can help us.
The father
I do not want more trouble for my son. No prisoner is safe in your jail. You will have to pay for it.
The Jailer
Look, Officer! You do not know what type of problems I am facing. It is not a jail it is a hell.
(He throws a file before the father.)
Look over it. It is the case history of that man who has been killed in my jail. 12 murders, 7 rapes, 38 robberies and three child abuses charges he was facing. Now he has been murdered and now I have to answer before the authority.
The father
I am not concerned with that criminal. I only want the safety of my son. And I hope you understand my concern.
The jailer
The sniffing dogs are working in the ward and they have identified your child and a well –know criminal. He is being interrogated in the other room. Do not you think we are very polite to your son?
The father
But sniffing dogs have not recovered the arms that have been used in this murder.
The jailer
So why I want to interrogate the boy.
The father
(Looking to the son )Let me talk to him alone
The jailer
(Standing up) It would be better. You just talk to your son I will come within fifteen minutes.
Inter cut…
Scene 46
Characters : The golden chain man, the jailer, four jail guards and one inspector and two constables.
The Inspector
(The golden sitting on a chair in a relaxed mood. The inspector is sitting in front of him while all the jail guards and constables are standing there)
Who has killed the man?
The golden chain man
How can I say I was sleeping at that time.
The inspector
Do not try to make me fool. You will be charged for this murder.
The golden chain man
If you want to black the government papers, who can stop you. You cannot prove anything against me. I know you love your wife and two daughters very much.
The Inspector
(In anger tone) Are you threatening me?
The golden chain man
Inspector I regards police men very much. But police is a human being like me. I am in a jail, Where will you send me now? But of course I can send you and your family in different world, although I will not go out of the jail.
(The face of Inspector changes and he realizes that really he and his family in danger.)
(The jailer enters into the room)
The jailer
(Coming to the Inspector)
Did he tell anything?
The Inspector
The body has been sent for postmortem. He is not telling anything. I will have to move. Where is the kid?
The jailer
He is afraid. His father is interrogating him. We must be polite to him. After all his father is a working police officer.
The Inspector
I will come tomorrow. Take care of your jail.
The jailer
Thank you inspector.
(Inspector stands up and goes away with his two constables)
The jailer
(Looks to the jail guard, and with the movement of his head he asks the them to leave the room. They goes away)
Excellent job you have done! Congratulate!
The golden chain man
Send me to cell for a little while. I do not want to face any more police officer. And of course send the boy to me. I think he will be safe with me. The man whom he has strike is a dangerous man. He has written his won fate. How he is?
The jailer
A little afraid.
The golden chain man
Do not worry. He is fit for our work. Let me see him.
The jailer
I will have to face the press.
The golden Chain man
It is your problem.
The jailer

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Alok,

This was an amazing amazing scene. This will have to be a movie some day. I can already see it. It makes me very sad, so much violence for a little boy. He seems like a cork in an ocean being swept deeper and deeper into danger. Is this really true? It doesn't matter if it isn't, I believe it. It feels real.

On a personal level, I'm very sorry this happened at all. I've never seen anyone beaten or killed. I've seen animals hit by cars and I find it very disturbing to see them twist in pain and die. I hope to never witness this kind of brutality.

I hope you will continue with this. It seems to be writing itself. I hope this little boy finds salvation.

Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara !!
my mind has turned back to those days, voilence! voilence! and voilence, all around voilence. Very systematic voilence, very organized violence. It can realized today it was more perfect than any arts. Thoses people were very much skilled to kill people. What I am today, it the result of yesterday. Recalling those days is hell to me. But it was my fate. And I love too much my fate.
You constanct support is just like cold water in deseart. I drink your words and moves ahead.
A lot of thanks for your words
with regard
alok nanda