Thursday, May 8, 2008

The father and the son (Scene 11 to 14)

(by alok nandan Dedicated to a pearl)
The scene 11
Characters : The fathers and the son, more than twenty prostitutes and men, some waiters
Night/Ent/ inside motel
(The father and the son enters from the main door. A lot of prostitutes are sitting here and there. Some men are enjoying them with wine and foods. It is smoky room. The son is surprised and hesitant to see this prostitution house. He is not comfortable while the father with his gun looking here and there. Then he turns to the son )

The father
Select a woman for yourself.
The son
(With hesitation) I do not want these women.
The father
I know you want only your mother.
The Son
You do not talk like this. Let me select a woman
(Three young prostitutes come to the father and the son.)
One prostitute
(Coming close to the father)
What you want young man?
(The father stares her angrily) I will take care of you, do not worry.
The father
I want a woman for my rascal son .(he tells loudly)
(All the prostitute look to the son)
The second prostitute
(Coming close to the son) Do not worry, I will take care of him.
The third prostitute
(With a little surprise) Oh! It is a kid. This place is not good for him.
The second prostitute
I will make this kid a man. (She tries to kiss the son, and he pushes her back with disgust. She laughs). Oh! it is aggressive. I love aggressiveness. For you I will not take charge.
The third prostitute
(Looking the father) You are the father of this son?
The father
Yes!
The third prostitute
You do not know, it not a good place for him ?
The father
(With irritation) Do not try to preach me. You just do your work and take money.

(He takes out his purse from his pocket and shows the money. The first prostitute tries to snatch the money from his hand)
The first prostitute
Give me this money, I will serve you better.
The son
I do not want to stay here.
The father
I know you want to go to your mother.
The second prostitute
(Again coming close to the son and tries to holding him in her arms) My darling you are so sweet ! Just relax and enjoy your life.
(Now the son pushes her badly and she fells down on a table. All the drinks and eatable ruins. A drunken man help the second prostitute to standup and looks angrily to the son.)
The drunken man
(Angrily) You, son of a swine! Do not know how to handle a beautiful girl?
(The father looks to the drunken man angrily, The drunken man looks to the father angrily) Do not stare me. I am not afraid of your rifle. Like son, Like father, no, no… Like father, like son....ha! ha!! ha!!! You want to fight with me…come on.
(The son picks-up a bottle of wine and strikes on the drunken man head very forcefully. He fells down, his whole face is full of blood. All the people inside motel was surprised and afraid to see this.)
Some one cries
Call the police. It is a murder case !!!
Cut to…
Scene 12
Characters : the son, the father, four youths whom the son and the father have already touched a lesson on the road, a police inspector, five constables.
Night/ Ent/Police station
(The son is inside lock up with your youths, the father is sitting in front of the inspector. Constables are standing on their duty.)
The inspector
I cannot help you, sir! Fortunately he is alive. But of course it is a case of attempt to murder. I will have to produce your son before the magistrate.
The father
He is a kid! It will ruin his life…
The Inspector
You are a government servant, so you can understand my obligations. There is no way, I have to produce him before magistrate any how. But I am unable to understand what both of you were doing there? You know, you too can be charged for this case.
The father
That bastard abused me, and my son hit him. I just wanted to show him prostitutes. I never imagined about this incident.
The Inspector
Prostitutes ! It is not a jock? A father leads a son to prostitution !
The father
You will not understand it, Inspector! I am not a father, I am a hell. I wanted to…now I want to save him.
The Inspector
He has to face court procedure.
The father
Let me meet my son.
(He stands up and goes to the lock-up. The son is sitting in the lock up, while all the youths are standing there silently.)
The father
Why did you hit the man with bottle?
The son
(Looking to his father) He abused you.
The father
….And you hit him, like you tried to kill me when I abused your mother.
The son
I could not control myself when he abused you.
The father
Like you could not control yourself when I abused your mother.
The father
I am always cruel to you.
The son
(Standing up and coming to the gate of lock-up)
I love you both father…you and mother.
The father
I love you, too, my son. Do not worry, I will save you, I will save you at any cost. Tomorrow you will be produced before magistrate. I hope everything will be ok. The man is alive, Let me talk to him.
Are you afraid?
The son
No, I am thinking about my mother. Do you hate her really?
The father
Take care, I will come back soon.
(The father goes away. One of youth turns to the Son)
The Youth
It is your father ?
The son
Yes!
The youth
It is too much dangerous.

Cut to….

Scene 13
You do not worry, I will save you.
Characters : The father
Night/ Ext/ outside a hospital
(The father enters into a hospital premises with his Jeep. He parks the Jeep and enters into the hospital. He is tensed. The rifle is still in his hand.
Scene 14

Characters : The father, a nurse and two men
Night/ Int/ inside a hospital.
(The father goes to the visiting office of the hospital. A nurse is sitting there. He comes to the nurse.)
The Father
(Little tense) Where is the man?
The nurse
What man?
The father
The man who was wounded in a motel and hour ago?
The nurse
You are asking about the man whose head was hit with a bottle of wine ?
(The two people sitting in the visiting room attracts to the father)
The father
Yes .
The nurse
You are his relatives?
The father
I am the man whose son has hit him.
The Nurse
Oh no, You know, he is almost died. All the broken glasses enter into his head. He is in critical condition. Doctors are trying to save him. No one knows what will happen.
The first man
(Coming to the father, he is angry and excited) If anything happens to my brother, I will kill your son.
The father
I have come here not to pick up a quarrel. My son is behind the bar. I just want compromise.
The second man
No, compromise. It is no matter he is sent to jail or not, certainly we will kill him. We have our people in jail. We will kill him in jail.
The father
(Pointing his rifle to his head, with extreme angre)
And I will kill both of you here…just now.
(The face of man turns black, Nurse quickly runs to the father)
Nurse
(With a loud voice) You have gone mad? It is the hospital, do not act illegally here, otherwise I will call the police.
The father
(Looking straight to the man's eyes) I will finish your all family, if you think anything against my son. I have come here for a compromise, think over it with cool mind. Everything depends upon your brother's statement. I do not want that he says anything against my son. If he is alive just tell him, and if he is died, you have my words in your mind.
(He puts down the rifle and turns to the door.)
Cut to…

2 comments:

Elsie said...

I'm glad you posted this part. It's coming along well. I'm glad Dr. Sophia didn't stay in the scene.

Keep going Alok, the suspense is killing me!

Lar

Alok Nandan said...

Sophiya has gone away to her clinic, and she will not return.How you save Dr.sofiay, You just ask her to disappear, and she disapper....Let me undersatnd the Jury system through the son mind,and the prison....You always push me on the track when fiction starts, and how beautifully you smells the realism. You are right fiction acts according to you, while you act according to realism. You are always sharp knife, cut very brutally realism from fiction...But one day I will escape and you will not undersatand the difference realism and fiction. I want to fly and you want to put down me on the real surface. I am enjoying talk more....Your brillient words are always make me happy as a flying Eagle....Can a Nightanle fly high with an Eagle....Eagle means violence while Nigtiangle means love and song.

Alok nanda