Monday, July 7, 2008

Nothing like that (|Scene-9-16)

(Alok nandan, Dedicated to a far voice.)
Scene 9
Characters : Director, Elizabeth, Max and Jill, Robin.
Ent/Day/ in a room.
(Elizabeth is moving here and there in the room angrily, She is mumbling.)
Elizabeth
How much time he is taking! This project is being delayed due to Liza. Oh! Where is my coffee? I cannot tolerate such behavior with me...After all I am the producer of this project...
(The director, Max and Jill enter into the room. All of them see Elizabeth who is still mumbling. Max and Jill look each-other and then to the director who is in his own imagination. He is looking to Elizabeth as if he is not understanding why she is here.)

Elizabeth
I will not allow any one to underestimate me...Hum! Let me see what can do this man...
(She turns and looks to Director)
Director
(In a state of hallucination) What are you doing here?
Elizabeth
What I am doing here! (In a loud and angry voice) You asked me to stay here. You have forgotten?

Director
I asked, but why?
Elizabeth
It is too much.
Max
Madam, You know what happened on the set..?
Elizabeth
(turning to Max)I am not talking to you. I want both of you get out.
(Max and Jill look to the director)
Director
(Looking to Elizabeth) But I have to instruct them regarding the next scene.
Elizabeth
(In angry but mysterious tone) And I have to instruct you regarding this project.
Director
Ok. (He looks to Max and Jill and both of them go out, with mysterious smile. Director turns to Elizabeth.)
Elizabeth
(Coming to director) You are looking tired. I think you need some rest.

Director
I am alright! I want to complete my task.
Elizabeth
(In irritating voice) Your task is to explain me everything what is going on around here.

Director
(In same irritating voice) My task is to compete this movie at any condition.

Elizabeth
You do not know me, I will drop the project.
Director
Because I am not satisfied with you.
Elizabeth
I mean with your unit. Everything is being delayed here.

Director
But I have taken the perfect shots...
Elizabeth
Perfect shots !! (Coming to him) I want to see your perfect shots.
Director
You have to wait. I will see you the rush late night.
Elizabeth
(In a very sexy tone) How will I spend my day?
I can wait for your rushes...if (She comes close and have her hands over his shoulder, Robin enters into the room all of sudden speaks quickly)
Robin
Sir, Jelly is our of mood. She is not ready for next shot...she is asking for you.
(Then realizes that Elizabeth is having her arms around the director.)

Director
What is the problem ? Let me see her. Excuse me, honey. I am just coming. (Very gently he freed himself form her arms and tuned to the door. For a little while Robin looks to Elizabeth and feels strong desire to catch her but thinking of the consequence he controls himself and runs behind the director.)

Scene 10
Characters : Jon, a doctor, Roma.
Ent/ Day/ In side the dressing room.
(Jon is sitting before a big mirror. His whole face has turned into black. He is very calm while the doctor is mending his face. Roma is standing besides him and watching his black face.
Roma
I had warned you not to touch the queen hand.
Jon
I improved my scene, and it worked. How I was doing before the camera. It was the golden scene in my life.
Roma
Queen also improved her scene with you !
(The doctor put some medicine over his face and he felt some pain.) Any way you are big gossip today.
Jon
You mean I am popular ?
Roma
(In satiric way)Very popular !! All the unit is talking about you and queen. Director is looking for you to congratulate you.
Jon
He has to. After all I have acted greatly. (Looking to the doctor who doing his face) Doctor are you healing me or killing me? You just leave my face, (Looking to Roma) Would you mind to do it please! I do need a doctor. A beautiful woman's hands are more effective than doctor's medicine. Please, doctor do not mind.
(Doctor goes away and Roma does his face. He holds her in her arms, sitting on the chair.)
I am very happy to improve my scene.

Scene 11
Characters : Jelly, director, Robin.
Ent/day/ Jelly dressing room.
(The director is sitting on a chair, Robin is standing besides him and Jelly is standing in front of director and she is very angry.)
I do not want to work more with you. Your artists are not at your command. It is horrible!! I do not want this film.
Robin
(In pleasant tone) Again we have to search a new heroine, new audition...!
Jelly
Look! Even your assist is not at your hand. If you want to suit me, suit me. I will talk to my advocate.
Director
Robin! I want to cup of cold coffee here. Quick!

(Robin looks to the director and runs out. He turns to Jelly.)
Jelly
(In angry tone) Looks to my body. Do not you think it should be exposed on the screen ? In my earlier films all the directors wanted me in less clothes...because my audience want me in less dress.....do you know how they write to me? They are mad behind my...(she looks to her breast)...and you ! You are using this nonsense dress (Looking to her special French dress.)
Director

You have done a great work. I do not want to use you as a sex symbol in this film......You are a queen here...If you do not want to do this film, I will not force you.
Jelly
A queen cannot be sexy? How many queen have you seen in your life?
Director
Not like you.
Jelly
What do you mean?
Director
I know you can thrill men with your....My queen thrill with intellect....

(tempts for director's vision for a little while, ) How was my shot?
Director
You will fuck the audience.
Jelly
How?
Director
Excellent shots !!!
Jelly
Can I kiss you !
Director
My queen does not kiss anyone
Jelly
I am Jelly.
Director
(Looking very gently to her) You are my queen, not Jelly.
Jelly
shut up!!
Director
good word in the court. I always like you in this form.
Jelly
I say just shut up! Why should I work with you?
Director
Ask yourself.
(Robin comes in the Room fast with two cups of hot coffee. Director comes to him and takes two cups and goes to Jelly. He serves one Jelly, and ship, it is hot cofee, he looks to the Robin. Robbin looks to him as if he does not know about the difference between the hot and the cold coffee.)
What is it?
(Jelly looks to him with little surprise)
Robin
Cold coffee.
Director
Are you sure?
Robin
Yes
Director
(Looking to Jelly) I am sure my queen would like it.
Jelly
(Look to her glass and test it. and she throw the glass to Robin)
Cut to....
Scene 12
Characters: Jon, a doctor, Roma, director and Robin.
Ent/day/ dressing room.
The director enters into the dressing room with Robin and doctor. They see Jon and Roam are kissing each-other.
Jon
Sorry!
Director
Who the hell tell you to touch her???? (He is out of temper)
Jon
(John looks to Roma who is still in his lap.)
You mean to this young lady?
Director
(Loosing his control completely) I am talking about queen.
Jon
I tried my level best to improve my scene. What do you think did I improve it in a nice way?
Director
Have I ever told you to improve??
Jon
So what!
Director
How can I beat your face? There is no place.
Jon
(He takes Roma away and stands up and comes to Director with full confident)
I do not mind?
Director
Oh really!
(Director hits his face with his fist and he is knocked down. He looks to the doctor and the doctor starts giving him treatment.)
Doctor
Now it will be easy for me to treat him. (Looking to Rama) What do you think young lady?
Robin
(to Roma) Would you mind to treat me?
(Doctor looks to Robin with blank face. But he feels Robin is going to take up Roma as Jon. Then he looks to Roma who seems ready to fall with Robin. Director comes to Robin and looks into his eyes)
Director
You do not understand the difference between cold and hot coffee ! Hum!!
Robin
A man is not always wise.
Director
You are right!!
(He hits his face with his fist and Robin is knocked down. Director turns to doctor.)
You have to mend him too, doctor. Thank you.
(He goes outside the dressing room. Doctor looks to Roma and then to Jon and Robin who are knocked down on the ground. He holds Roma in his arms with full confident and she does not resist him. Both start kissing each-other while Robin and Jon are laying on the ground unconscious)
Cut to.....
Scene 13
(Director is alone, moving ahead in a big hall.)
The set is being shifted quickly. He comes out of the set and walks to the main gate of the set. Max runs to him fast.)
Director
I want everything properly. No more mistakes. Robin has been knocked down. Where is Peter? Control him. I do not want to bark more with him.
Max
He never wants to talk to assists.
Director
And I do not want to listen no from my dogs....Just handle him.
Max
He is a terrible dog.
Director
More than you? Let me see him.
(He comes to Peter who is watching Rose. She is very much busy with the camera.)
Director
Is everything ok Peter?
(Peter looks to him like a fool man. He does not know what to speak and how to speak. Rose looks to director.)
Rose
(In a very natural tone) Raw stocks have not been put in the two cameras.
(Director looks to Peter and Peter first looks to Rose and then to director. He smokes quickly.)
Director
(Loosing his control) What about the other two cameras?
Rose
They are perfect. I have checked them.
Director
(To Peter) Would you mind to throw your cigret away and talk to me?
Peter
I am sorry.
Director
You have fucked my scene.
Peter
I will take care in future.
Director
Who the hell made you camera man of this project?
Peter
Do not cross your limit. I am a well known camera man in this film industry. I have completed many movies projects.
Director
Really!!
Peter
And I am looking for an Oscar winning project.
Director
Oh! My barking dog now wants to win Oscar!
Peter
So you cannot teach me how to handle camera.
Director
Really!! (He looks to Rose) I think your boss needs a good lesion.
(He turns to Peter and knocks him down with one fist. Max and Rose looks to laying Peter and standing angry Director. Director turns to Rose.)
Where is his cigret?
(Rose quickly searches the ground and finds out the burning cigret and takes it up and looks to Director for next order.)
Put it in his mouth, I am sure he will like to smoke
(Rose puts the cigret in his mouth, and he smokes it with full speed, although he is unconscious.)
Director
(Looking to Rose) You must co-operate with my dog.
(He looks to Max) Is it ok?
Rose and Max
(together) Yes sir!
Director
I want my set within half and hour.
Max
I am not sure of Liza as she is always late.
Director
Do not worry about her, mind you own business.
(He goes away.)
Cut to....

Scene 14
Characters : Director and Liza, Jill
Ext /day/A public political stage.
(Liza is working over working on stage. He is working fast with the black paint. She is standing over a ladder. She has a brush in her one hand and a box of an open paint in her second hand. She is very much busy doing brushing. Director comes to stage and watches it. She is unaware about his presence. Director comes to the stage and stands besides the ladder. He is watching field of action. He is lost in his own world. All of sudden Liza looses her balance over the paint box and the whole paint of the box pour down over his face and body, even the box drops over his head. His face becomes black. He looks to Liza and Liza comes down fast.)
Liza
(Looking to director) Sorry!
(He looks to her face but says nothing. It seems that he is in his own imaginative world. Jill comes fast to stage. He is loosing his breathe.)
Jill
Elizabeth is calling you. Peter has created some problem.
(Director looks to Jill and then to Liza. He slowly comes down from the stage and goes out. Jill looks to Liza and follows him quickly.)
Cut to...
Scene 15
Characters : Peter, Robin, Jon, Elizabeth, Director and Jill.
(Peter, Robin, Jon and Elizabeth are sitting around a round table. All the three men have black faces. Peter is smoking in his own style.)
Elizabeth
He has beaten all of you! It is interesting. All of you want me to kick off the director. Great!! But will you tell me please who will direct the film? And you all know very well that it is his script.
Jon
I do not want any action against director. (Touching his own face) But of course I will say, his hand is very hard....(In a dramatic style) harder than the shoes of queen.
Elizabeth
(smiling) And what about you Robin?
Robin
If you think better, I will direct this film.
Elizabeth
You are forgetting it is his script. And above all, I do not want you to direct my any film....If you are not comfortable with him you can walk on.
Robin
I want to complete this project.
Elizabeth
Good!! (Turning to Peter) I know you are always a dis-satisfied soul. What can I do for you? (In an irritating tone) Would you mind to stop smoking, please!
Peter
How can I tolerate a mad man? Look! what he has done with my face?
Director
(Entering into the room with his black face. Jill is following him)
Peter! You are looking beautiful. I think your wife will be happy to see it.
(Peter turns his face to him and smokes quickly. The director comes to the table and sits on a vacant chair.) What is your problem?
Elizabeth
He is not comfortable with you. You have treated him brutally. He is thinking to suit against you....
Director
(Looking to peter)Oh, really !! But May I know why? I would love to listen your words.
(Peter says nothing but smokes fast.)
It seems you have earned a lot, but I am sure your wife would not like to loose a single penny. You have done a blunder today, and now you are thinking to suit against me. Wonderful! Who is responsible for the two vacant camera.....Do you know if I suit against you how much money you will have to pay me....Be a good dog and do not bark more.

Elizabeth
(With a little surprise) What are you saying I am not getting.
Director
I am just imagining about his wife...(To Peter) Will she tolerate you without money,
Peter ?
Peter
You are a hell.
Director
(Looking to Elizabeth) Would you like to take some hot coffee?
Elizabeth
I will love hot...
Director
(Looking to Robin) Run fast....four hot coffees.
(Robin looks to him and runs fast to the door)
Jon
(looking to director) I hope you will not cut my improved scene during editing.
Director
And of course, I will not cut the improved action of my queen, (Looking to peter) Peter was it not great?
Jon
As a director, you must understand the heart of an artist. You know I was continuously thinking about that improvisation.
Director
I will think of it. But now your face it not fit for next scene...It has turned black....and I am making color film.
Jon
You have also contributed turning it black.
(Robin comes fast with a spot boy who serves them coffee.)
Elizabeth
(Taking a sip from the cup and looks to Robin)
It is a hot coffee?
Robin
Yes Madam!
Elizabeth
Are you sure?
Robin
(In angry tone) How can I man be sure after getting a knock down fist over his face?
(Max runs fast into the room)
Max
(To director) The set is almost ready, but Liza is still delaying.
Peter
She is always horrible.
Director
(Standing up) Let us start.
(He goes out of the room and all of the follow him)
Cut to.....
Scene 16.
Characters : Director, Robin, Max, Jill, Nick, Liza, Peter, Rose, Jack. Tam, light men.
Ext /day/A public political stage.
(Three camera have been set-up around the political stage. One camera has bee fixed with trolly. Liza is hanging some political posters around the stage. Each poster is explaining the dissatisfaction of the common people of France. Director sits on the trolly and looks the shooting field through the camera. He sees Liza through camera lens who is busy with her work. Robin, Max, Jill, Nick, Peter, Rose, Tam, light men are standing around the trolly. Jack is standing on the stage, remembering his dialogue, looking tense. A big crowd is standing around the stage.)

Jack
(With dramatization)
Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy.
Director
(In a loud voice) I do not want an artist or politician here...I just want a barking dog...I want a sprit of a barking street dog.
Jack
I am an actor, not a dog.
Director
Then you must be for this scene.
(Liza listens there words and runs fast from the stage.)
Who will speak from crowd?
(He looks to Max.)
Max
How can I say? You have not instructed me in this regard.
Director
This scene is not complete without crowd's dialogue, have you not read scene properly? Who the hell has made you my assistant?

Max
(He takes the scene from Jill's hand and read it quickly. )
Director
(Looks here and there and then sees Jon standing besides Peter)
I think your black face will work before the camera, Would you mind to stand among the crowd, of course you have to say some words.
Jon
I always love to act before camera.
Director
But I do not want any improvement, is it clear?
(Director looks to Max and Max provides him his dialoges. He takes it and advance towards the crowd in front of the stage.)
(Everything is framed properly according to camera angles.)
(Nick comes with a clap before camera.)
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history! Scene 80, take one.

The director
Action !!
Jack
Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am a mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy.
The director
Cut! ...What are you doing? Bark like a mad dog! You just imagine that you are a hungry mad dog who is ready to bite any one.
(Jack looks to him and recall his dialouges)
Ok next take.
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history! Scene 80, take two.

Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history! Scene 80, take 3.


Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history! Scene 80, take 16.
(All the crew is tired to listen this. )
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history! Scene 80, take 32.
The director
(Comes to tired Jack who is trying his level best to perform best. he looks into his eyes and say slowly)
You just repeat with me. I am a mad dog.
Jack
I am a mad dog..
The director
I am mad, mad mad dog.
Jack
I am mad, mad mad dog.

The director
(With full anger in fanatic way)I am mad dog, I am dog, I am a mad dog.
Jack
(In a same fanatic tone) I am mad dog, I am dog, I am a mad dog.

(Director quickly runs back to camera, and looks to Nick. Nick runs fast to the stage with his clip board)
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history! Scene 80, take 33.
Director
Action!!
Jack
Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am a mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy. (He performs excellently, and he starts barking like a mad dog as if soul of a dead dog has occupied him)

(Director looks to Jon who is standing in the crowd)

Jon
(with a fanatic angry tone)
Why appeal to the mob when 95 per cent of them do not understand politics, and can do nothing but mischief without leaders? And what sort of leaders do they vote for? For Titus Oates and Lord George Gordon with their Popish plots, for Hitlers who call on them to exterminate Jews, for Mussolinis who rally them to nationalist dreams of glory and empire in which all foreigners are enemies to be subjugated.'
Director
Ok!!
Rose
(to Peter, who is standing besides him) I am not getting the script. How French people of 1789 will talk about Hitler and Mussolini?
Peter
(Smoking his cigret) I good camera man never think about script, he always think technically.
(Director comes to Jon)
Director
(Director comes fast to Jon and grab his neck. In a fanatic tone) Where is Hitler and Mussolini in my script.
Jon
I do not know.
Director
Then how did you say it?
Jon
(With a little pride) I just improved it. How was my expression? (Looking to his eyes) You are free to hit me....
Director
I like you expression, but will cut you dialouge during editing.
Jon
Thank you.

(Jack is still barking and all the crew are looking to him with little surprise and smile.)
Peter
All the unit will go mad till the end of the shooting.
Cut to...

2 comments:

Elsie said...

WOW! Alok, you are doing great. I love the character development, and the angry director is great. I loved the three blackened faces. The lady characters were funny too.

Good work,
Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara!!
I am happy to read your words.Your comments always lead me in right direction, so why I always wait for your words.
alok nandan