Saturday, July 19, 2008

Nothing like that

(dedicated to a far voice)
Scenes 34-36
Scene 34
Characters : Four man and Ten Army men, more than one hundreds civilians, Director, Peter, Liza, Rose, Max, Jill, Nick, Robin, Nikita, Elizabeth. Some cameramen and some spot-boys.
Ext/Morning / outside an open ground.
(There is a bull cart, two men are laying under the bull card, Their necks were arranged before the wheels. They are facing capital punishments....A strong and danger bull is bounded with the card. An old Army man was standing there with a sword and a hunter....Two men are standing there. Their hands were tide with a rope...More than hundreds families present there with children and women.The bull-card was standing there. Its wheel have been tied with a rope so that it cannot move ahead. The other part of the rope has been tide with a strong tree. All the People are looking to the bull that is becoming angry and the two men who is under the bull card for the capital punishment are little afraid. Director is sitting on a dolly and looking through the camera. Other five cameras have been fixed on the different positions. Max, Robin and Nick are taking care of all the shooting fields. Peter and Liza are standing besides the dolly and smoking fast. Rose is busy with a camera. Nikita is busy with his monitor watching all the cameras movement on the screen under the tree. Jill is standing besides her, watching the monitor. the bull become angry and two men under the bull-card runs away.
Director
(Looking through the camera from the dolly) What the hell they are doing? Ask them to stay under the wheel. (looking to Max) They know about the scene ?
Max
I have explained everything. Let me talk to them.
(Max comes to those two people) Why are you running away. We want all of you under the wheel.
One man
The bull is not gentle. It is boiling with anger. So we are afraid.
Max
Afraid of death?
One man
The wheel can run over our neck...
Max
Do not talk foolish. The bull-card has been tied with the tree. And of course, we want to see the fear of death in your eyes...all the four persons facing capital punishment. Go and lay down...There is nothing to worry.
(The two men turns to the bull card. They see the bull and lay down in front of its wheel. They watch the bull and it is still angry.)
Director
(Looking through the camera) I want more light there. Use more reflectors.
(Nick turns to the spot boys quickly.) We want four more reflector there, hurry up.
(Eight spot boys run with four reflectors. They quickly fix the reflectors and turns its light to the bullcard. Bull is very much uneasy to see the reflectors' light.The two men looks to the bull with little fear. Elizabeth is sitting on chair under the open sky. She is reading a gossip news regarding yesterday's night party. A terrible sandwitch between two fire. Two photoes have been complied very skillfully in this news story. In on photo director is standing between Jelly and Elizabeth. Both the ladies are clinging to him from both sides and he is drinking wine. In another photo he is sleeping on the table alone Elizabeth is little irritated to read the story. With the paper she comes to Dolly.)
Elizabeth
(To the director, who is busy with the camera on the dolly) Have you seen today's news paper?
Director
(Looking into the camera) I never see newspaper.
Elizabeth
They are writing about you, Jelly and me...and it is frustrating. How they got the picture? Would you mind to see it.
Director
I want to shoot my scene first. I do not want to waist my time on nonsense newspapers.
Elizabeth
But I want to talk to you now...
Director
You fuck the newspaper and let me do my work.
Elizabeth
How they entered into our party?
Director
(Looking to the camera) It is perfect! Max, You will command villagers after fighting with army and the four punished people...ok ? And Nick,
Elizabeth
Our all the activities are being disclosed by the press...They are writing a lot about our relationship...According to this story, at the sametimes your flurting Jelly....
Director
Nick, You have to take care of the fighting between army and the prisoners....You will lead
this fighting...and then it will start between people and the army...I do not want any mistake now...Peter! Everything is ok?
Peter
My team is ready.
Director
Smart boy!!
Elizabeth
We must be careful about press...(looking to the photograph) althoug I am looking good in this pose. (With little anger) But I do not like Jelly with us. You see what has been written in another new about me and Jon...
Director
(Looking to the camera)
I am ready now. Would you mind to clap nick ?
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history ! Scene 84 take one.
Director
Action
(The man who is standing on the bull-card hits the bull with his hunter, the bull becomes more angry.)
the old captain
(Looking to those prisoners who are laying on under the bull card) We have to finish our job quickly. Kill those two persons, we have to two more.
A prisoner
(Standing besides the Captain) I do not want to die under the wheel. You look how the are afraid.
the old captain
(With an irritating tone) I do not care about his fear. I have been ordered to kill all of you under the bull-card. And the supreme state knows better how to kill men.
(Robin comes besides the tree and with a help of knife starts cutting the rope that is tied with the bull card.)
A prisoner
But I do not like this death. You can shoot me or kill me by your sword.
the old captain
Do not suggest me how to kill you. I know my duty very well.
Second prisoner
I too do not want to die like this...
the old captain
Just shut up. I am not asking of your choice. It is the state's order and as a loyal captain, I am following the order...(With a little proud) I have killed more than five hundred people...and have been honored by the state.
(The two prisoners look under the bull)
one prisoner
Death like this has no sense...I would like to die by sword.
(He anyhow manages to un-tide his hands and gets up. He frees the other prisoners.
the old captain
(Looking to other army men) catch them and put them under the wheel. Four army men runs to the two prisoners and catch them. They are trying to put them under the wheel.The villagers are excited to see it. Other side Robin cuts the rope and with it the bull is very much free with bull card. He runs very fast with the card and armymen, prisoners, the villegers and all the units looks to the bull with surprise and excitement.
Director
(looking through camera, with an excitement in loud voice)
Start fighting.
(His excited loud words have great impact over the army men and the prisoners. They starts fighting. All the four prisoners and the army men starts fighting.)
Just fight naturally....with your full strength...carry on.
(A natural fight starts between Army men and prisoners. Villagers comes near to them)
Now it people turns...mike please..Nick use the mike.
Nick
(The maniac passion of director flows to Nick's mind. And in fanatic way he starts leading the crowd) Go on my friends...hit the army....You have revolted against the queen army....You want freedom, freedom and only freedom....Go on.
(His maniac passion touch the mind of people...and they becomes violent. They start beating the army. The bull is running fanatically around them...hitting people freely...The director looks the movement of bull through the camera, and he is highly excited to see its movement.)
Director
(To Nick) Ask the army man to drive the bull card among the crowd.
Jill
(with holding a mike in his hand) Drive the bull card among the crowd. Do it fast...
(the man who is trying to control the bull card with an excitement turns the bull to the people. The bull card runs fast over the crowd and the crowd become more angry. Some people jump over the bull card and try to holds the army man who is driving the bull-card. As soon as the catch the army man, they start beating him brutally.)
Peter
(Looking to Director) What the hell they are doing? Stop them...They are beating each-other.
(Elizabeth is surprise to see the real fighting.)
Elizabeth
Must stop it.
Director
(Looking through the camera) Keep your mum shut and let me do my work....
(All of sudden bull makes himself free from the card and it stars hitting people freely. The bull hit the reflectors. Reflectors fell down one by one. Directors moves his camera to bull. He is highly concentrated over the bull activity and bull is very much free to hit people. Meanwhile all the army men are being beaten brutally. Bull runs to Nikita and hit his head against her monitor. Nikita runs away. Then it runs to Elizabeth. She tries to move and falls down in Peter arms. Peter could not maintain balance and he fells down on the ground with Elizabeth. But quickly they get up and runs away. Bulls turns to Robin and starts hitting him brutally. Any how Robin manage to runs away. All the important equipments have been damaged by the bull.. Director is taking shots from the dolly.Rose and other camera men are also busy to take shots. The bull runs away in a certain direction. )

Direct
Ok...
Jill
(Using mike) Ok.....Cut to.....
(All the artists involved in this scene realizes they are fighting a real fight...They are very much relaxed to know that they are doing acting)
(Liza looks to the director who is very much relaxed on his dolly in the air closing his eyes and she smiles. The dolly comes down and Peter come to him.)

Peter
(His eyes are still closed)You know what you are doing?
Director
Making a film.
Peter
Someone might have died.
Director
But did not die....And now do not fuck my head...I want to shoot my next scene.

Cut to....

Scene 35
Characters : Director and Jelly.
Ent/day /in side a room
(Jelly is laughing continuously. She is very happy.)
Jelly
A mad bull was running around a crowd...How lovely it was!! ha ha !! I have never met a maniac director like you...It was not a crazy act? You are a crazy man and I love it....But you spoiled my previous night...
Director
In your next scene, Jelly!! (Emphasizing over the her name)...You are going to deal capital punishment....Are you prepare for it...
Jelly
Do you think I am doing wonder in your film?
Director
What do you feel?
Jelly
I have worked with many directors in my projects...Never feel such excitement...You are making me mad!
(She comes near to him. He is sitting on a chair. She sits comfortably in his laps.) Have you seen today's newspaper ? You are looking excellent with me...

Director
I do not read newspaper, but I know you are an excellent actress...As a queen you are very much interested in capital punishment and its method...
Jelly
(Looking into his eyes, in sexy tone) As Jelly I want to kill you because I love a man with killing instinct. Drinking too much has spoiled my night...
Director
Killing people is an art and it is discussed in your court. And then after a lot of discussion and thought Guillotine comes into existence in your court. And of course it is discussed in your parliament...Your whole subject is on the brink of revolution...
Jelly
You are monomaniac, and I love it.
Director
Would you mind to give me some space now...I have to see my set.
Jelly
I was thinking to drop your film yesterday...But now it is making me crazy...Can you tell me why?
Director
Because you are a crazy energy...
Jelly
You too is a crazy energy, Rascal! And now your energy is leading me.
(He gently pushes her away and stands up). You avoidance kills me...but be sure I will lead you in bed...

Director
I always love to see you in the skin of queen...
(He goes away)
Cut to...

Scene 36
Characters : Director, Elizabeth, Production manager Dodo
Ent/day/in side a room.
(Dodo is a typical production manager with tie. He is sitting on a chair, while Elizabeth is moveing here and there.)
Dodo
39 people are injured badly today. For god bless no one has been killed. All the major equipments have been destroyed.
Elizabeth
What do you want to say?
Dodo
We cannot work like that...we have to pay a lot of money...Till now I have not calculated the loss...But I am sure it will affects our project's budget.

Elizabeth
What you suggest?
Dodo
Change the director and save this project
Elizabeth
It is impossible!! I do not like moving back.
Dodo
We have to pay a lot money to all the injured persons if we do not want any police intervention.
Elizabeth
Do not worry about money, You do your best to satisfy all the injured people. I do not want to stop this project.
Dodo
Why you are crazy behind this project. We can work over other project.
Elizabeth
Just do your best for this project.
Dodo
But he is a crazy director, and a crazy man is...
(Director enters into the room and Dodo stops, looking to director.)
Director
I am a crazy man?
Dodo
You know what have you done today? It is a complete disaster. I have handle many movie projects in my life...but it is...it is a hell. You know how many people are injured? We all can be send behind the bar.
Director
And I will be guillotined...hum!
Elizabeth
Please stop argument! Dodo! I want to complete this film at anycost. You just do your best. I will sanction the extra money, you do not worry.
(Dodo looks to Elizabeth and then to director with anger and goes away.)
Director
Smart boy!!
Elizabeth
You know the bull was behind me.
Director
Really!! I think you always like bull.
Elizabeth
Just set up. Is it the way of making a film.
Director
Someone is working against this project.
Elizabeth
What do you mean?
Director
Someone cut the rope of the bull.

Elizabeth
Are you sure?
Director
How the press manage to get our internal photographs ?
Elizabeth
Who is that?
Director
I will find out..
Cut to...

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Hello Alok,

The bull and the director nearly killing the cast were very funny! Good job. I'm not sure I like the name Dodo, but it is your story.

I like Jelly being a nuisance too.

Thanks!
Lara