Friday, July 25, 2008

Beauty and truth

What is beauty and where it exists?
I would search it around the cosmos;
Sometime in falling star, and sometimes in dew;
But they were not long lasting;
And I turned away to mountains and forests.
With new rain, I saw them changing.
New leaves, new lives and new smells.
I was mesmerized to see them.
Was it beauty? And I was in the lap of beauty?
I watched each and every flowers;
There colors, and big and small green trees. a
With the two motions of the earth
I saw its changing colors, from green to brown.
I saw the dying fish without water.
When the next rain came, my eyes had changed.
Because I knew what is next ahead ;
Again new leaves, new lives and new smells.
I want to look deep into your eyes;
Not for the shake of beauty, but for the shake of truth
May be I get beauty, searching the truth.
Because a wireless message has come to me,
That ''You are in search of beauty.''

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Alok,

It looks like you are a man of many talents. I like the movement of this it feels as if the reader is being led through the mysteries of nature with a respectful sense of awe.

Very nice,
Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara!!
I am happy you like it...You know it is being read in India on wide scale...and now I am feeling that I have done a good work...I love to think about beauty and truth.
alok nandan