Friday, July 25, 2008

The task of liberty

May be sky is limitless;
And you have courage to go deep, beyond and beyond.
May be the surface of the sun is un-tolerable;
And you have ability to walk on it with naked feet.
May be the sea is deep;
And you have eyes to see the pearls
But sorry to say it my friend!
These strengths have no meaning without freedom
Freedom to think; and freedom to express!!
Behind the glimpse of the stature of Liberty
Watching eyes, creating a circle of an unseen cage;
And a voice is sinking deep and deep.
How can I say that the task of liberty is completed?

3 comments:

Elsie said...

Alok,

I love this title and I find this very interesting. You've created a strong feeling and an urge to push someone deeply. I really like it.

I hope you'll spend time polishing this one up. It has a great deal of potential, go deep Alok. It feels as if you spent a great deal of time and thought on this.

Thank you,
Lara

:) Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara!!
A lot of thanks for your words...In fact I was thinking about French Revolution deeply and the roles of women in the revolution...I think French Revolution was was carried on by the women...and then my mind turned to fresh air of Independent war of america...The french Revolution was highly influenced by the American independent war...the modern world is before my eyes...and of course I see the world, the modern woman's world through your mind....
I am sorry, polishing thing is difficult to me...I believe mystery of life is reveled in natural way...I love a wild forest more than a cultivated garden...but I will try my best to write like a civilized pattern...Very honest to you I am not a poet...Would you be kind to forgive me for unpolished segment ? You are a kind muse!! So you would do, I hope..
alok nandan

Elsie said...

Yes of course, Alok. I'm glad you are enjoying poetry.

Lara