Friday, July 11, 2008

Nothing like that (Scene-22-24)

(Alok nandan, Dedicated to a far voice.)

Scene 22
Characters: Director and Elizabeth
Ent/Day/ in a well decorated room.
Elizabeth
(Still in irritating but cold voice) Do you know how are you leading this unit ? Your own dog is barking against you before press.
(She sits on a sofa while Director is standing before him. He takes a bottle of water from a table.)
Director
I do not care. I am only thinking about my project.
Elizabeth
But press is cooking story against you.
Director
They are barking dogs.
(He sits on the sofa besides her.)
Elizabeth
Even your camera man Peter is upset with you.
Director
He is good for nothing. He knows only how to smoke.
Elizabeth
The set is again delay due to Liza, she must be removed from the project.
Director
I will talk to her after pack up. You need not worry.
Elizabeth
I am not worried about her, but I am worried about you. Do not you think you need some rest?
(She comes close to her and takes her hands over his shoulder)
Director
(with little irritation)
I want to see my set.
Elizabeth
(Holding him tightly) Everything will be ok, you do not worry. you just think of me.
Director
How can I think of you, while my I have to shoot my next scene.
Elizabeth
(Coming over his body) A good director can handle a project and a woman perfectly at the same time. (She touches his face.)
Director
But I cannot love a woman and make a film at the same time.
Elizabeth
Then you first love a woman
(She tries to kiss him and he pushes her away. She fells on the ground and he too fells over her. She holds him tightly. She is trying hard to love him while he is trying hard to save himself. Sometimes she is up and sometime she is down. But she is holding her tightly. Some knocks the door, both of them looks to the door. Again the door is knocked and she is irritated to listen the knocking sound.)
Director
(Looking to the door) We will try this job next time.
(He stands and goes to the door. When he opens the door, he sees all the media men are standing there with there camera. He looks to them with anger eyes.)
the first lady journalist
(recognizing him) He is the director of this film !
(Director looks back to Elizabeth, who is standing at her place with frustration.)
(Director goes out in the gallery, and all the press men follow him.)
Second lady Journalist
We want to talk to you.
the third lady Journalist
Would you like to tell us something about your moive?
the first lady journalist
How Jelly is working with you? Are you exposing her as sexy bomb like her other film ?
A man journalist
Why did you hit Peter?
(Director goes ahead without answering their questions. All of them are running behind them. He comes to a big hall and looks around. Max runs fast to him.)
the third lady Journalist
Why did you hit Robin? Do you think he is capable to direct a film?
Director
(to Max, with a fanatic loud tone) I want all these noisy creatures out of set.
(All of Journalist looks to him with surprise.Even Max do not understand what to say right now, but quickly realizes that Journalist must be removed from there.)
Max
(To all journalists) Please come out of the set. What information you want I will give you.
(Director goes ahead)
the first lady journalist
(Looking to going director) Oh, He seems violent ! I want a date with him.
the third lady Journalist
(Looking to Max) What is wrong with him?
Max
It is his first film, so he has lost mental balance... You know it is very common with a new director.
the first lady journalist
What he does when he loose his balance, I think he might be very forceful with a woman. I know Jelly, I am sure she will be mad behind him..
Max
I am your well-wisher, so I want to tell you something off the record. He is a tough man...keep distance form him....He has knocked down Robin and Peter.
the first lady journalist
Is he director or boxer ? May I see the shooting.
Max
Impossible!
the first lady journalist
There is no impossible in my dictionary.
Max
I cannot help you now. The last scene of the day is to be shot, You can catch him after the shooting is over.
(Max runs to library set.)
the first lady journalist
I want to see the shooting.
Max
the mad director will kill me, try to understand.
(Max runs to library set.)

Cut to...


Scene 23.
Character : Peter, Rose, Liza, Director, Jill, Nick and Max, Jelly. Jack, some four assistant camera men, some light men, spots men and media persons.
Ent/Day/ In side library.
(Liza has almost re arranged the set, she is still busy with the bookcase, Peter is sitting on a chair, smoking. Rose is arranging a camera. Nick is standing besides Peter and Jill is helping Liza. He is giving her books one by one form a table she is putting them in bookcase, without looking to her. Director enters into the library with a state of hallucination. He is watching the set, and walks to Liza.)
Liza
(Without looking Jill,) Give me Social contract.
Jill
What contract?
Liza
Social contract.
Jill
I am giving you books, not any contract.
(Director listens their conversation and looks to the table, where the social contract is laying among many books. He picks up the books unconsciously and gives it to Liza. Liza without looking to director takes the book and reads it enthusiastically)
Liza
Social contract! ( Director is standing there in a state of hallucination, He is unaware what Liza is doing. She puts the social contract on the top of the bookcase, and have some distance with the bookcase, and looks to the book. She is very much satisfied and happy to see the book on the top.)
Liza
(Jumping with excitement) Oh! It is great.
(When she jumps, her heel of the sandal jump come down on director's feet.)
Director
(Jumping hard) Oh, my God!! (He takes his one hand in his hand and jumps with only one leg like a frog. Liza looks to him and comes to know what she had one with him. She runs fast to him and takes his leg in her hand, and starts opening his shoe. Director is still standing with his one leg. Liza is doing with the shoe in hurry, and director looses his balance and fells down on the ground.)
Liza
(Still holding his leg, and looking to the director, who is in pain after falling down) I am sorry, really I am very sorry.
Peter
I think this lady is doing great!
Director
(standing up, looking to Peter) You are still alive?
Peter
(With irony )How can I die without completing your movie?
Liza
Director
(In angry tone) I will not allow you to die without completing this project. Why are you sitting here, I want everything in a proper way.
Peter
I have pain in my back, I am unable to move.
Liza
(Looking to director) I am sorry.
Dirctor
(to Liza) Would you mind to do your work please ?
(Peter starts smoking fast)
Rose
(With a little hesitant, to director) All cameras are ready, sir.
(Max comes very fast in the liberary, He is looking to Rose. Rose looks to him and says slowly)
Idiot !!
(Director comes to Rose, feeling little pain in his feet. He looks into the camera.)
Director
(Looking to Max.) Call Jelly, fast.
(As soon as Max turns to door, all the media men enters into library. Director looks to them and looses his temper.)
(With a fanatic tone) What the hell you all are doing here? Get out!!!
the first lady journalist
I want to know about your movies
(Max stops and looks to them in bewilderment. )
Director
(to Max, with an extreme angry tone) Why are you standing here, call Jelly, run fast.
(Max runs out.)
(Turning to Journalists) Would you mind to get out, please!
A man journalist
We are Journalist, you cannot treat us like that.
Director
(Director comes to him) Oh, really ! (He thinks to kick him, but anyhow controls himself) You are a journalist. (making his mind cool.) Let me treat you in a nice way. What do you want to know?
A man journalist
Jelly is a sex bomb, How are you exposing her in your movie?
Director
(With control irritation) Intelligent question! (Loosing his control) Who made you journalist?
Sex is rooted deep in your mind, and you always write about sex...Do you know what is the meaning of a movie?
A man journalist
You are not supposed to ask question. Asking question is Journalist's work.
Director
Who has given you this right? And to whom you are asking the questions?
A man journalist
I am working for my newspaper, and for it he is paying me.
Director
And I am working for people...I want direct communication with the people....I do not want brokers between me and people.
the first lady journalist
What you are cooking for people? I mean what is the story of your movie?
Director
Do you know about Jacobin club?
the first lady journalist
What is it?
Director
Good question! It is club whose members would sip liberty, equality and fraternity....and latter started drinking royal blood and then common blood and then each other blood.....
the first lady journalist
I cannot get it. It is like a riddle....and I love riddle.
A man journalist
Is Jelly happy with you ? Her fans always wants to see her boobs and...
(Jelly enters into the library with Max. All of them looks to her. Media men runs to her.)
Director
(To Max) Throw all the vultures out of the set.
Jelly
(Looks to angry director and then to media men. She smiles)
A man journalist
Tell me something about your role, (Looking to her new french dress) I do not think your fans would like you with this dress.
(Director comes to him, with extreme anger)
Director
And I do not think, you will stand before my fist.
(With full speed, he strikes over his face with his fist and the journalist fells down.)
(Looking to Journalists) Get out.
(Some journalist photographers take the falling journalist photos quickly. Director looks to them and goes out of control, He looks to Jill and and Nick,) Throw him away.
(Both of them takes the laying journalist and throw him out of the gate.)
Director
(Looking to all journalist)
Any question?
(All of them quickly go out. The first lady journalist looks to him with temptation, and goes out slowly. Liza is surprised to see director's action. Peter is still smoking as if nothing has happened around him. Jelly is little afraid to see it. Rose is standing besides her camera with bewilderment. Director comes to Max)
Director
(With extreme anger) How they came to the set?
Max
I warned them but they did not care about of it.
Director
Really!!
(He hits his face with his fist and Max looses his conscious, but he is sill standing, Peter who is sitting on chair besides him looks to him, realizing he is to fall on him, he quickly vacant his place. Max fells down on the chair. He looks to Falling Max and smokes fast. Director looks to Peter.)
Are you feeling better, Peter? Come on. We have to do a lot of work together.
(Peter is smoking fast)
(Looking to Liza) Set is ready?
Liza
Oh, yes!
Director
(Turning to Jelly, very gently) My queen ! It is your royal library....and you always enjoy sitting her...Where is Leder?
Jack
(Appears at the door)
I am here

Cut to....

Scene 24.
Characters: Peter, Rose, Jelly, Liza, Jill, Nick, Max, Jack, Director, some camera men and spot boys.
(Jelly is sitting on a chair. Jack is standing before him. They are ready of take. Director is looking them through a camera. Peter is working over a camera. Rose is standing besides him. Jill and Nick are standing besides director. Max is still laying on the chair unconsciously. Liza is decorating the table with flowers. )
The director
(In loud voice) Silent! Light!!, Sound !! camera !!!
(Nick come with a clap before camera.)
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history! Scene 81 take one.
(Liza come out fast from the frame)
Jelly
Meo! You have ...(She stops, as if she has forgotten the dialogue)
Director
(In loud voice) Cut...(Looking to Jelly) You are forgetting dialogue, and it is affecting your expression. You want a chance to read it again ?
Jelly
Oh, no thanks! I will do it.
(Director looks through camera agains)
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history ! Scene 81 take two.
Director
Action !!
Jelly
I am not feeling comfortable.
Director
What is the problem?
Jelly
I do not know.
Director
It is a very simple scene, You are just talking to a third state leader.You can do it easily. Let us try again.
(Again looking through camera.)
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history ! Scene 81 take three.
Director
Action !
Jelly
Meo! You have read...Oh no,
(Director comes straight to her)
Director
(with a little irritation) Why are you not acting well ?
Jelly
(Looking straight into his eyes, with full confidence). I am Jelly. Tell me Jelly, may be I get my sprit.
Director
You are queen.
Jelly
(slowly but aggressively )I am Jelly, Do you understand? I do not think a director can lead me on the set without leading me in the bed. I want you tonight.
(Director understands that she is serious)
Director
Its all right, You are Jelly. Jelly, Are you ready for take?
Jelly
Good !! And what about tonight?
Director
(Looking to her eyes) I will think of it.
Jelly
I am not concerned with your thought. I want you means I want you. Is it clear.
Director
Ok, I will be with you.
Jelly
It sounds good. Now I am ready for take.
Director
Thanks you.
(Director comes to the camera, and looks to Nick. Nicks runs fast with clipboard.)
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history ! Scene 81 take four.
Director
Action !
Jelly
(Sitting on her chair and looking to Jack)
Meo, You have read a lot of books...and you are leader...Can you tell what my subject is thinking about me?
Jack
Your highness! You are very much liberal, but people are not always liberal. They are always more demanding...
Jelly
(She stands and walks to the bookcase.) What do you think about Jean Jacques Rousseau? He is discussed all around.
Jack
He says that that the kings are not the representative of God, but they are chosen by the General Will.
Jelly
Do you believe in his thought ?
Jack
Common people want to believe in it.
Jelly
How they will lead a normal life without king ? You are a leader so you can tell me very well, Are you not a leader ?
Jack
(His mind come to the earlier track) I am a leader ! No, I am a dog. Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am a mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy.
(Unconsciously, he says the dialogue with full expression and starts barking. All the units looks to him with surprise. )
Director
Cut. What the hell you are doing?
Jack
I am a mad dog, yes ! yes ! I am a mad dog
(He barks continuously)
Director
Keep your mouth shut.
(He keeps his mouth shut and looks to director as if he is recognizing him.)
Jack
Perhaps I have gone mad (Looking to director) and you are responsible for it.
Director
control yourself. Sweet Jelly, would you mind to give him a q?
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history ! Scene 81 B take four.
Director
Action
Jelly
How they will lead a normal life without king? You are a leader so you can tell me very well, Are you not a leader ?
Jack
People will be governed by elected people.
Jelly
(Picking up the social contract) And will be criteria of election? Do you believe in wisdom of people?
Jack
People believe in their wisdom.
Jelly
And you want to come in the third state, and for it you need my blessing, where is the general will? I think only scoundrels will manage to come in the third state, and they will ruin the people through their bad practices like you. But do not worry I will be glad to see you in the third state..I want to see how my people govern themselves without a queen.

Director
Cut to...

Jill and Nick
(Together) Cut to.....
(All of sudden Max gets up)
Max
Cut to...Cut to....Cut to....
Director
Pack up! (He comes to Jelly) You have done a great work.
Jelly
Really, but never forget, I want you in bed my tonight. I am Jelly, I get what I want.
Cut to....

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Great! The scene with Elizabeth and the Director being caught on the floor by the press was very clever. It would have been funny for them to snap some pictures of the scnene. :) The media hounding the set also added a new crazed energy. I think it's lots of fun.

Keep going!
Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara!!
I think all the characters have established themselves...They are acting freely...I am just trying my best to put them according to there ways...when sometimes I try to mold they become abusive to me..So I tell them hello and says, ''I am sorry, You go I will follow.''
I cannot evaluate the importance of your words. Always eager to listen your opinion.
alok nadan