Friday, July 18, 2008

Nothinng like that

(Some one sing and I write)
By Alok nandan
Scene --30 to 33
Scene 30.
Characters: Max, Jill, Nick, Rose, Jon, Jack, Roma, Elizabeth all the camera men, light men, even all the units.
Ent/night/ a big hall.
(Some girls and boys are dancing on a floor. Eatable and drinks are being served to all the persons. Roma is dancing with some boys. Jill is drinking fast. Max and Nick are dancing with Roma. Elizabeth enters into the hall and looks around. She is searching for Director. Jon has drunk too much and still he is drinking. He sees Elizabeth from a little distance and try to hide himself. As soon as he turns around, he crashes with Rose. He quickly holds falling Rose in his arms but looses his balance and with her fell down on the ground. All the wine of Jon hands pour down over Rose dress. All the people looks to them)
Rose
(She is still in Jon arms on the ground. Looking to her dress) What you have done?
Jon
I am sorry, but I like it.
Rose
(With angry tone) I would like to kill you. Just leave me.
Jon
(His head is very near to her lips) How can A man leave a falling lady. Would you allow me to improve this scene ? I would like to drink your kiss.
(As soon as he tries to kiss her lips, Elizabeth grabs his shirt and tries to pull up forcefully. His shirt torn and his mouth touch the lips of Rose. In the drunken mood, he starts kissing Rose, who is trying to push him away.Angry Elizabeth catches his hair and tries pull him up, but he is still kissing Rose' lips. Elizabeth uses her both hands to pull hir hair and he stands up and looks to Elizabeth with his drunken eyes.)

Jon
What can I do for you, madam ? (Turning to Rose who is arranging herself on the ground)
You can see I am busy with this lady...and I am not free for you.

Elizabeth
Just shut up!! Where is director?
Jon
Shooting is over, so how can I say where is director? He is a man, he will be sending his free time with her lady. It is not your bedroom...(Giving a helping hand to Rose and looking to Elizabeth) Would you mind not to disturb me?

(Without taking his hand, Rose stands up.)
Elizabeth
(Looking to Rose) Where is Peter?
Jon
(Looking to Elizabeth) What a lady you are!! Sometime you ask for Director and sometime you ask for Peter !!
Rose
I do not know. (She looks to her own dress and tries to remove the wine from her dress. Jon very gently tries to remove the wine from her dress with his hand. He touches her breast and she pushes him away. He fells down on the dancing floor where Rama is dancing with Max and Nick,Max and other boys. She is dancing freely. With her full speed she sometimes dances with Nick and sometimes she dances with Max. Both of them try to coves her. When she dances with Nick, Max becomes upset and tries to catches her and when she dances with Max, Nick becomes upset and tries to catches. at the same times she is enjoying the attention, competition and frustration of two men. She is also provoking all the young men on the dancing floor to dance with her. And all them wants to here attention. She is leading the dancing floor. From the ground Jon sees her underwear, as she is in a short dress open dress. He starts dancing laying on the floor and watching her underwear. While Nick tries to cover Roma, Max pushes him and he fells down on the floor, besides Jon. He follows Jon's eyes and sees the underwear of Roma. He too starts dancing with Jon on the floor looking her underwear.Jelly enters into the hall. She is in a sexy dress, exposing her body. She is looking all around the hall. She comes picks up a glass of wine and moves ahead seeping it. Jill is drinking in a corner silently. Elizabeth comes to him.)
Elizabeth
Where is director?
Jill
I do not know?
Elizabeth
Go and search him. I want him in this party just now. Go fast.
(Jill finishes his glass fast and runs to the door. When he crosses Jelly, she stops him)
Jelly
Where is director?
Jill
I do not know, but I am going to call him.
Jelly
I want him here in this party, do fast.
(Jill runs to the door.)
Cut to...


Scene 31

Characters : Director, Peter, Liza, Nikita and Jill.
Ent /Night/ Editing room.

(Peter is sleeping in his chair but still smoking, while Director and Liza are watching the scenes on the computer screen. Nikita too is watching the screen.The queen is beating the bishop brutally on the screen. When the scene is finished Nikita put on the light. Liza comes to director with a paper and a pencil. Director is in deep thought. )
Liza
I think this design of the Guillotine will be perfect. (She advances the paper to director, who is still in deep though. For a little she looks to the director.) Excuse me!!
(Director looks to her as if he trying to recognize her.) Would you mind to see the design of Guillotine?
(Director still looks to her as if he trying to recognize her.Then he turns to Peter who is in deep sleep but still smoking.)
Director
This man is a hell. Peter! You have not seen the rushes. You are sleeping?
Peter
(Without opening) I never sleep. I am thinking about your film.
Director
May I know what you are thinking about my film ?
Peter
All the audience would like to sleep in the hall when this film is projected. I think sleeping is the best entertainment. And in this way you are serving the audience...
Director
I would love to guillotine you, rascal.
Peter
Do not be angry, it was a jock. This film is going to be a big disaster.
Liza
(With a natural flow) No, we are making a great movie. Each scene is very much alive...It will mesmerize the people...I want to make the guillotine this way.
(She advances the paper to Director. He looks to her with little surprise and turns his eyes to the paper.) I am following the original design of Strasbourg criminal court's officer Laquiante. It is different than halifax Gibbet and Scottish Maiden.
Peter
What the hell you are talking I do not know...I know only that we are making a disaster...who knows your Guillotine?
Director
Better you stop barking.
(Jill runs fast into the room)
Jill
(Coming to director) Jelly and Liza are asking for you. They want you in the party.
Director
(With an irritating tone) I will see them.
Peter
(standing up) I would like to enjoy the party...
(Peter goes out.)
Jill
(Looking to director) They are waiting for you.
Director
(Returning the paper to Liza, to Jill) How the party is going on?
Jill
Excellent!! Everyone is enjoying it...
Director
Perhaps my mind is foggy...Let me see the party.
(He goes out.)
Jill
(To Liza) Do you want to come in party?
Liza
Of course!!
(She too goes out.)
(Jill looks to Nikita who is busy with his computer. He slowly comes behind her.)

Jill
You do not want to enjoy the party?
Nikita
(Without looking him) I have to finish some work.
Jill.
Jill
Let me help you...
Nikita
(She turns to him)
How?
(He holds her face in his hands and starts kissing her. She does not oppose him.)
Jill
A woman is always pleasant after hard working.
Cut to....


Scene 32.
Characters: Director, Peter,Jelly, Liza, Max, Jill, Nick, Rose, Jon, Jack, Roma, Elizabeth, Robin, the lady Journalist, all the camera men, light men, even all the units.
Ent/night/ Party.
(Peter, Director and Liza enter into the hall together. The party is in full swing. All are dancing and drinking. Robin is dancing with Roma and her group.The lady journalist is standing in a corner and drinking. She is very watchful. Elizabeth and Jelly looks to director at the same time and runs to him. They kiss from the both sides and hold his hand. Both are jealous to each-other.)

Elizabeth
How nice to see you here. What would you like to take?
Jelly
He will like to drink my wine, Am I write?
(She serves him her own glass, he looks to her and takes the glass. He gulps the glass.)
Elizabeth
You know I have organized this party for you.
(Looking to Liza) Jelly! Would mind to declare him the honor of the guest Please...Do not worry, Let me to it...Would you mind to leave his hand please?
(Director is unable to understand what is happening with him. He is in a state of bewilderment.)
Jelly
(Very slowly in his ear) I want you tonight...
(She leaves his hand. Elizabeth looks around the hall)
Elizabeth
Please stop the music....
(Music is stopped and all looks to Elizabeth)
I want to declare something here...( Looking to the Director) This talented director is the guest of honor today..I wish for his great success...
(All claps,while Peter smoks fast.)
Jelly
And I offer him this wine....
(She serves him another glass of fine. Director drinks without knowing anything. He is just being led by two women without his will.Jon comes with a full bottle and holds the director in his arms.)
Jon
You have allowed me to improve my acting...
(Looking to Jelly) I think you will not mind my improvement...
Jelly
And you would not mind my shoes over your head.
Jon
Let us celebrate together.
Director
(With anger tone) Celebration !! For what?? I cannot celebrate till the film is complete...I have to shoot a lot...
Elizabeth
Do not be angry, we will complete the film. You just drink and enjoy....
Director
I cannot enjoy...but yes, I will drink..
(He takes the bottle from Jon's hands and drinks from the bottle. He finishes half the bottle and looks to Jelly and then he looks to Elizabeth. He starts drinking again and finishes the whole bottle.He picks up the second bottle and opens it, after taking two gulp he starts dancing. All the people increase him a lot and he dances. He jumps over a table and all the crowd stands arond the table. He dances fiercely and drinks terribly. Liza is surprised to see his fierce dacne.Peter is smoking fast. The lady journalist is taking photographs with his secret camera.)
Cut to....


Scene 33
Characters : All the units.
Ent/day/part hall
(All are busy in eating and chatting while director is sleeping sound on the table. All of them go one by one, but director is still sleeping. Jelly come to the sleeping director and looks to him.)
Jelly
(Looking to him, with little frustration) Idiot.
(She goes away. After a little while Elizabeth comes to him)
Elizabeth
(Looking to him, with little anger and frustration) Idiot!!
(She goes away)
(All of them goes away. Director is alone, sleeping sound.)

Cut to.....

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Ha! I liked the party scene. Perhaps this is more autobiographical than fiction?

The secret pictures by the press were a clever idea. Does that mean we will learn later what happened after the director started drinking? Or am I spoiling the ending?

Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara !!
I am not in position to say anything about further development...I have already told you that the characters are leading me....I am too eager to see what will happen next...I hope you will understand the psychological process of my writing..
You are quite write Party scene is complete autobiographical...You are smart enough to get it...
Thats for your words