Monday, June 30, 2008

Nothing like that (|Scene-8))

(Alok nandan, Dedicated to a far voice.)
Characters :The director, Max, Jill, Nick, Jon, Peter, Rose Jelly, Robin, Jack, Liza, Tam. Roma, four camera men and some lights men.
(The director is standing besides Peter. He is lost in his own world. Peter is still smoking and setting a camera. Rose is watching how Peter is working. Max, Jill, Nick and Jon are standing behind the director.)
Peter
(Looking through the camera) I do not think this angle will work. If you want to catch this whole court, you have to start from…
The director
(Very normally) From your cigret !
(Peter looks to him, and smokes fast.)
You have your suggestion for your woman, and I am sure your woman too would not like your suggestion.
(Rose looks to the director as if she is ready to disobey of his master and join the directorial team.)
Peter
You want to open this scene from the painting frame. But where is the frame?
(Moving his camera to that part of the set where Liza was hanging a French art earlier.)
The director
(Looks to that direction) You are not seeing the frame? How can you see ? You know only how to bark. And when a dog barks, his eyes are closed. You stop barking and see to that direction.
(Peter sees to that direction)
Now are you seeing the frame?
Peter
(Realizing that the director still wants to cover that place, and something is being arranged the gap)
It is horrible to work with you.
The director
You are most welcome. I hope we will make a great movie.
(Jelly comes with the queen dress and the shoes. She is feeling uncomfortable. The director looks to Max. Max runs to Jelly.)
Jelly
(to Max) My shot is ready?
Max
The camera is just waiting for you. You have to sit on that important chair comfortably (He indicates to a well-decorated chair) and have to look to that painting. (He sees to the vacant chair)
Jelly
(Looking to that vacant direction with surprise) But where is the painting?
(Peter looks to the director, and then to the Rose who is standing besides him)
Rose
(In slow voice to the Peter) She will see the painting soon like you.
(Peter looks to her as if he will kill her then and there. She quickly turns her face to the vacant place.)
The director
(To Jelly) Queen you must take your position. (To Max) Max you help her. I want open my scene from the painting and then the camera will move to my queen. Where is the bishop?
(John runs fast to the director)
John
I am here.
The director
I do not want you here, Just stands besides the thrown.
(Max takes Jelly to the thrown. She is asked to sit on the thrown carelessly, She sat on the thrown. Bishop stand before her.)
Max
(To jelly) Now, you look to the painting. Are you ready bishop?
Jelly
But where is the painting?
Max
Madam! You just imagine that there is a beautiful painting here. And you are watching it, and trying to understand the painting. Bishop have to some words…but you are not careful about his words as you are very much occupied with the painting.
Jelly
I cannot do it without painting. I do not have that feeling.
(Meanwhile the director is busy behind the camera.He watches the frame and seems satisfied.)
The director
The frame is ok. Now I want the expression. (In a loud voice) Queen and bishop, are you ready?

Max
She is lacking feeling as there is no painting here.
The director
(In a fanatic tone) Is she the daughter of Leo nardo the Vinchi ! Tell her to look to that direction and imagine about her fucking boy friend who pleased her most in the bed. I want that expression! Is it clear Jelly?
Jelly
(In angry tone) Is it the way to treat a heroin?
The direction
I am not asking you to imagine me in your bed. I think you are always comfortable with your boy friend. So you should not have any problem. Just try, And I am sure I will get the real expression of my queen.
Jelly
You are impossible!!
The director
And you are very sweet!! Just try it.
(Jelly becomes happy and goes to the throne. she sits on it and looks to the vacant painting place.) I want a rehearsal. Are you ready Bishop?
John
(In a very stylists way like a superstar attitudes) I am always ready for acting.(He looks here and there)
make-up man come here.
The director
No more make up, please. I want a simpleton bishop. And you looks a real simpleton without make-up. Just go ahead.
(John comes near to Jelly and looks into her eyes with full confidence. Jelly turns her head to the vacant painting.)
The director
(to Max)Where is crowd?
Max
Crowd!
The director
(In angry tone)The regular attendants of the queen court ?
Peter
(In his harsh irony voice) A child takes nine months to come on the earth. Where will get crowd now?
The director
I want at least ten court persons in the court scene, including the most simpleton court's man. Do it now. I have instructed everything very clearly earlier.
Peter
You always have best command over your team! Our light men can act better in this film.
The director
(Looking to him) Some time you bark wise words. Collect all the men who are not active behind the screen. (Turning to the dress man) The dresses are ready for them?
The dress man
Yes! Our team has done a hard home work over it.
The director
(Turning to Max) Run fast. I want ten men with proper French dress.
(The dress man and Max runs fast to collect the men.)

Jelly
(mumbling) How horrific to work here. I cannot tolerate it.
John
(Coming near to her) I have improved this scene, would you like to give me a support please.
Jelly
I do not know what I am going to act here. So how can I know you have improved the scene. And above all, I do not want to talk to a Junior artist.
John
What do you mean by Junior artist? I may be an unknown artist but Junior one.
Jelly
(In angry tone,) I do not care. I am having the worse experience in this movie. Oh god, I do not know will this movie comes on box office or not?

The director
(Looking to Nick) Have you explained everything Jelly.
Nick
(In fanatic tone) How to dance under a rain!

Nick
But it is not a rain scene.
The director
(In cool voice)Thank you very much for your kind knowledge. It is not a rain scene. You are great. (Again in a fanatic angry voice) I am talking about this particular scene. What she has to act, and her would be her dialogue delivery style. Did you get the point?
Nick
(Nick He looks around and sees Jack who is still busy with his script paper. When Jack listen his name he runs fast to Nick. Jack looks to the director very proudly.)
Jack
Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy.
The director
(Indicating to Nick, to Jack, in fanatic tone) You bite this dog, I would love dog fighting here.
Peter
(to director) I do not think today you will shoot a single shot here.
The director
Thank you for your prediction.
Peter
You and your team only work on camera displacement. My rose can handle better all you creative world. (Looking to the Rose) Can you do it Rose?
Rose
I think so.

(Max and comes with ten people. All are in old French dress. Max asks them to sit in front of the throne of the queen. The director goes behind the camera again and check the frame.)
The director
(to Jelly) You just sit and watch the painting. When the second man deliver his dialogues, You put of your shoes and throw to him forcefully. You are free to use you next shoe according to your own way. You are a spoiled queen. You are free to do act freely in your kingdom.
(Turning to Max)
What people deliver the two dialogues from the crowd?
(The two people from the crowd says loudly)
We are sir. We have remembered all the dialogues.
Do not worry sir, we are the canteen boys here, and have seen many shooting. We know very well how to deliver the dialogues.
The director
Every thing is ok. No rehearsal just the final shot. Where is the puppy?
(a production man runs fast to the director with a basket)
Her is puppy.
The director
Go and put it on the queen lap.
(The production man runs to Jelly who is sitting very comfortably on the throne. He comes near to her and opens the box and take out a small dog. Jelly looks to him with irritation.)
The production man
Take it in your lap. (Without giving her any opportunity he puts the puppy in her lap.)
Jelly
I hate puppy! I cannot shoot with this puppy.
The director
You just think that it is your lover. You are very much in love with it. You just kiss it and let it kiss you. I want an intense relationship
Jelly
How can a beautiful lady like me love a puppy? I do not want it.

The director
Darling! My queen loves her puppy too much. And she does not mind to cut head of those who say anything against her puppy. And now you are my queen, so I will not allow you go without this puppy. Is it clear?
Jelly
But no one has tell me anything about it.
The director
Everything has been written very clear in my script. You should have read it before signing the contract. (In fanatic tone) I want my puppy in your lap means I want my puppy in your lap. (Being cool) May I know why do you hate puppy?
Jelly
It mouth smells bad.
The director
(Looking to the production man) Wash the mouth of the puppy and spread some decent scent over its body. (Looking to Jelly) Is it ok my queen?
(The production man takes some tooth pest and washes the mouth of the puppy and then spray some scent.)
Jack
(To director) You are treating a man like a dog and a dog like a man!
(The director looks to him but says nothing. He is still busy with his camera.)
(The production man puts the puppy again over her lap, and she looks to it in disgust. )
The director
Now you look to the painting.
(She turns to the vacant painting place with disgust and sees that Liza is hanging another beautiful painting there. The director is watching the painting through camera lens.)
The director
Peter! other four cameras are ready?
Peter
If your action is ready, I would like to handle my camera.
The director
Good. I want open the scene from the beautiful French painting.
Peter
(In his barking way) I do not care if this painting is beautiful or not. I will shoot whatever it is.
(The director leaves the camera and the Peter takes charge.)
The director
(In loud voice) Silent! Light!!, Sound !! camera !!!
(Nick come with a clap before camera.)
Nick
(In loud voice) Mystery of history! Scene 79 take one.
The director
Action !!
(Liza runs away quickly at the last hours from the frame.)
Peter
(Mumbles) horrible. (And cover the painting, the director listens his words but does not care.A man from the crowd comes near to queen and looks to the puppy of the queen)
The man
Queen! your puppy is very beautiful and smart. If I were this puppy, you would have me in your lap and touch my head through your beautiful fingers, and would give me testy and delicious food to eat…and of course some time you would kiss me.
(Jelly looks to him and smiles.)
Jelly
You are so smart! you want to be my puppy, and kiss.
(She puts out one of her costly French- shoes and throw to the man. He catches it and says gladly)
The man
(Proudly) Oh! You are so kind to me. It is a nice gift to me. I will take it to my home and worship it. Can I do, Queen!
(The queen looks to him with smile, shakes her head in affirmation. The man goes back to his place, having his shoe at his heart.)
John
For a good kingdom, it is important to have the subject dissatisfied. If they have enough to eat, they will start thinking and a thinking subject is never good for an empire and its activity. (He holds her hands and she open her another shoe and kicks more than sixty times. All the units realized the seriousness. and the director was very calm to see the scene, as if he was not watching the scene. All the fours cameras are moving all around the hall according to a plan way, and director was very much free. All his assist dogs are just watching the one way fighting. When Jelly flowed all her beating energy over the Bishop and exhausted she looked to the director. She throw the shoe to the painting and breaks it….

Iner cut....
Liza runs fast to the painting and the director camera moves to the painting, she was trying to hang again.
(He looks to Peter.)
I love you Peter.
Peter
Are you sure you are making a film?
The director
(Looking to His assistacenes )
Cut to

(All his assistants dogs bark in a lound voice proudly)
Cut to
……Cut to……

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Oh Alok!

It's very funny. The puppy, tooth paste and perfume made me laugh. The shoe at the painting...well I suppose Liza will have to do it again. Perhaps she can paint Jelly in it next so she'll be more careful next time.

I'm enjoying this very much!
Keep going,
Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara !!
I was very much optimistic of you liking it. Thans a lot. I will try my best to develop it.
alok