Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The father and the son (Scene 81-94)

(by alok nandan, dedicated to a pearl )
Scene 81
Characters : The son, the mother and the father
Ent/day/in side the house.
The mother
(Looking to the son) I am waiting for you. Where did you go?
The son
I was just walking outside.
The mother
Your father will be angry to know that you are moving outside. He has instructed you to stay inside the house.
The son
If you do not tell him, how will he know about it?
(The father enters into the room and comes to the son)
The father
Just come with me.
The son
Where?
The father
We are going to have a picnic today.
The son
More picnic!
The father
What do mean by more picnic? Did you go anywhere?
The son
No. I am staying her for long. You can ask mother.
(The father looks to the mother)
The mother
Yes, he is staying here.
The father
Now come with me.
(Both father and son goes outside)
Cut to…

Scene 82
Characters : The father and the son
Ext/day/out side the house
(The father coming to the jeep)
The father
I am unable to understand what is going on here.
(He sits on the driving seat)
The son
(Sitting besides him) Where we are going?
The father
To hell.
(He starts the jeep and goes ahead)
Cut to…

Scene 83
Character : The father, the son, the police inspector.
Ent/day/out side the post-mortem room.
(The son is little surprised. The father is leading him to the post-mortem room. When the father enters into the post-mortem room, son follows him but quickly turns back due to the smell of dead bodies)
The father
(Looking back to me, angrily) What happened?
The son
(Closing his nose with his hands) It smells badly.
The father
Use your handkerchief and come here.
(The son takes his handkerchief on his nose and follows his father. The father comes to a dead body and looks to the son)
The father
Do you recognize this dead man?
(The son shakes his head in affirmation. The father turns to the other two dead men and looks to the son, again the son shakes his head in affirmation. The father comes out of the post-mortem room and the son follows him. When the son comes out he vomits. The father looks to him)
The father
Now tell me the whole story.
The son
(Washing his mouth from the handkerchief) What story?
The father
(In an angry tone) Who killed them?
The son
(In a loud and angry tone) How can I say who killed them?
The father
These are men who attacked on You ?
The son
Yes!
The father
And they were killed! Is there any co-relation between both the incidents?
The son
I know nothing about it.
(The inspector comes to the father, and the father looks to him)
The father
I want some information regarding these people. Had they any criminal back ground?
The inspector
They were notorious criminals and one of them was a leader of an underground organization. Police were looking for him for a long time.
The father
Hum! Thank you,
(Looking to the son) Are you ok?
(The son looks to his father but says nothing)
The inspector
I think they were killed by the opposite gang. I am here to welcome more dead bodies. It has some connection with secret organizations. The brutal war has started between them.
The father
You should stop it.
The inspector
It is impossible to stop it, let them kill each-other. I will wait and watch and the make a report. Then my job is over.
The father
(With an irritated smile) You are doing good job, waiting and watching.
Cut to….

Scene 84
Characters : The father, the mother and the son.
Ent/evening/in side drawing room.
(The son is laying on a sofa and the mother is oiling his head. The father is sitting on a chair.)
The mother
I always tell you not go with this man.
(Father looks to him angrily.)
Why did you take him in the post-mortem room. He is ill now. You do not know he is a kid and it is not good to him to see dead bodies.
The father
I knew. But it was necessary. Let me do my work, and mind you won business.
The mother
I warn you not to talk to my son.
The father
It is my son too, and I know how to behave with a son.
The mother
You know nothing. You are neither a good husband not a good father. And for your kind information it is not your office, but my house. And you cannot act here like a boss. We are not criminal.
(The son closes his eyes and listen everything without reacting.)
The father
Is it your home? It is I who bought this house.
The mother
After selling my land.
The father
You have made this home a hell.
The mother
And you are moving here like a ghost.
(The son stands up and enteres into his bed room. He sits on the flour against the wall and listen the fighting's words between the father and the mother)
The father
Am I ghost? And you are a witch whose mind is occupied by a devil.
The mother
My whole life is spoiled. Oh! God save me.
(The son picks up a glass and throws it forcefully against the wall with full anger. )
Cut to…
Scene 85
Characters : The four murders and some armed men.
Ext/day/ a market place.
(The murders are riding over two bikes. They have eight hens in there hands. It is a village market. The stops before a man who is selling onions)
The first murder
(To the shopkeeper) Give five kg onions.
The shopkeeper
Sure sir.
The second murder
Big brother has asked us to bring the boy.
The second murder
He is liking him very much.
The third murder
All the materials have been bought. You all go to the village, I am going to the boy.
The fourth murder
(Who is sitting besides the bike) You will go alone?
The third murder
No problem. I will go and bring him fast. Just get off.
(The fourth murder jump from the bike and turns the bike and runs away) Take care. We will wait for you.
(The shopkeeper gives them five kg onions. One of them pays the money and sits on the bike, The third murder too sits behind him. As soon as he turns the bike, eight people cover him with revolvers in their hands)
Cut to...

Scene 86
Characters : the son, the third murder and the mother.
Ext/day/ in side the garden
(The son is cutting leaves of flowers in an artistic manner in side small garden and the fourth murder come with his bike and horn it. The son looks to him and then to the door of his house. He comes to the gate where the murder sitting on the bike)
The fourth murder
The big brother has called you. We are cooking cocks today.
The son
But I cannot come. My father has ordered me to stay in the house.
The fourth murder
All father dictates children. You do not worry just come.
The son
No, I cannot disobey him. I will have to ask my mother.
(The mother comes outside the house)
The mother
What happened?
The son
My friends has organized a picnic. Can I go?
The mother
You must go. Do not worry about your father. When will you come back?
The third murder
We have two days plan. It will be a great fun. Please allow him to go, aunty.
(The son looks to the mother for premission)
the mother
Two days! Oh no.
the son
I will come back by late evening. please mother!
The mother
Ok. But never forget your father will bark over me if you do not come by evening.
The mother
I will come without fail.
(He says and open the gate and sits behind the third murder. He kicks the bike and goes away)
Cut to…

Scene 87
The characters : the father and the chief
Int/day/in side a room
(Both of them are sitting around a table.)
The chief
Headquarter has instructed us not to arrest any one in this fraudulent case, although we have sufficient proofs against them.
The father
The centre bargained with the state government. The CM and his party is going to support the centre. Give and takes policy. Our department is being misused by the centre.
The chief
Do not talk foolish. We are doing our job.
The father
Sorry. But really we are doing our job?
The chief
No argument about centre decision. Is it clear. You have another assignment.
The father
Yes sir.
The chief
Some underground organizations are active in this state. They are collecting money and trying to run their own judiciary system. They are directly challenging government. I want a complete reports about all those secret organizations. You know how to do it well.
The father
What will be done with the report?
The chief
It is non your business. You have to obey your superior.
The father
My first and foremost duty is to make the world crime free.
The chief
It is good. Those two officers will assist you if you need.
(The father stands up)
You have done a great job.
Cut to…



Scene 88
Characters : The son, the third murder and the shopkeeper.
Ext/day/ in side the market.
(The third murder comes to the shopkeeper with his bike. The son is sitting behind him.)
The third murder
(to the shopkeeper who is afraid to see him) When the left the place?
The shopkeeper
(Looking here and there) Go away. Some people have kidnapped them.
The third murder
What! When?
The shopkeeper
As soon as you went away, they came and…
The third murder
Who they were?
The shopkeeper
I do not know, you go away.
(The third murder put out his revolver and aims at his skull.)
Who they were?
The shopkeeper
(trembling with fear) Red salute!
The third murder
Go to hell, (He shoots him, The son looks to him surprisingly)
Cut to…



Scene 89
Characters: The son and the third murder, an informer, a girl.
Ext/day/ a village road.
(The bike is running very fast on the village road.)
The third murder
They are in danger. We have to save them.
The son
We do not know where they have been taken. Where we are going?
The third murder
We have some informer. We should consult them. May be we get some clue. If I go to the big brother without information about them, he will kill me.
(The bike enters into a small village and it stop before a hut. A man is feeding his cow. He looks to them. The murder comes to him.)
The murder
Our three men have been kidnapped by the red army. I need you help.
The informer
Would you like to drink some milk.
the murder
No, water only.
(The informer brings some water from a deep well, and offers him to drink from the pot.)
The informer
You have to wait till night. They are organizing a public court tonight. I think they are going to punish them publicly.
(After the murder the son drinks some water from the pot.)
The murder
But it will be too late. Where they are organizing this public court?
The informer
It is never disclosed. But I will find it out. Till now you stay in my hut, and hide your bike there. What would you like to eat?
The murder
(In an angry tone) Their flesh !

Scene 90.
Characters: The golden chain men, his two sons, some villagers, children and a murder.
Ext/day/ under a big tree.
(The golden chain man is sitting on a cot, having the snake in his neck. There are six cots under the tree. Some villagers are sitting on the cots. A singer is sitting on the ground and singing Alha, a very famous folk song. He is singing very well. All the villagers listening are listening him. They are thrilled to listen him. A police man comes to him by bicycle. He stands the bicycle and runs to the golden chain man. The golden chain man looks to him.)
The golden chain man
You are well come here.
(The police man look to the snake and hesitate to come near to him. The golden chain man catches the snake gently form his neck and smiles)
Do not worry it is my friend. It will not hurt you. Come and sits besides me.
The police man
I have an information for you.
The golden chain man
I know you always have information for me. Today we are going to cook cocks. I think you would like to eat it. (Looking to the murder) What is time ? Why those boys did not come back from the market ?
The police man
(Looking straight into his eyes)They will not come.
(The golden chain man looks to him, expecting more words)
I want to talk to you in secretly.
Cut to…

Scene 91
Characters : The golden chain man, the murder and the police man.
Ent/day/in side a room.
The golden chain man
(In angry and irritating tone) Our three people have been kidnapped and one is disappear !
The police man
Not one, but two. There were two people when the shopkeeper was shot at the market. Earlier three people had been kidnapped form the same spot. Police are searching for them.
The golden chain man
Let them search. I will take my won action. Thank you very much for your kind help.
(He gives him some money, but he refuses to take it)
The police man
For this information, I do not want money. Just save them. They are in danger.
The golden chin man
Who is the fifth person? Oh! It is the little boy. (He turns to the murder) Find out where they have been kept. Quickly, we have no time and call our all men. We will teach them a good lesion.
Cut to….


Scene 92
Characters : The father, his two associate, some policemen, a big crowd and the dead shopkeeper
Ext/evening/ in the market.
(A big crowd is standing around the dead man. A police jeep comes the crowd. Four police men come out of the Jeep and disperse the crowd. The father is sitting in a small hotel besides the road. He is drinking tea and listening the chatting of villagers. His Jeep is standing there.)
One villager
It was a young man who shot the shopkeeper and then run away by his bike.
The second villager
They were two. One was a young boy. I have seen them. But I could not understand why he shot him. It was a poor shopkeeper.
The third villager
Police have come now, six hours after the incident. They are always late. They know only how to earn money.
The fourth villager
They were four men. Three of them have been kidnapped by some men.
The tea stall man
Do not talk nonsense here. Drink your tea and go away. I am closing my shop. police will come here and start inquiring. If you all talk lot they will sent you prison. Then you will have to sell your all land.
(A associate come to the father, the father looks to him)
The father
(Drinking tea) Would you like to drink tea? (Turning to the tea man) Your tea is very testy.
The tea man
I always use pure milk, sir.
The father
That is nice. Bring me two more glasses.
The tea man
Sorry sir, I am going to close my shop…but wait, You seems outsiders and like me tea, so I will make two glasses for you.
The father
I will be grateful.
(All the villagers stands up and advance to the dead body)
The tea man
You have not paid me, gentleman.
A villager
Write down in our account.
The tea man
You never paid me.
A villager
but still your are alive, and you will not die if I do not pay you now.
(He goes away with other villagers)
the tea man
(Looking to the father, in a complaining tone) Look sir, they are the wicked people, they never pay.
The father
Do not worry I will pay you. Some one has been killed here, it is not good. This place is not peaceful.
The tea man
You are right sir. Murder is common here. Even water is more cheaper than a man's life. People are always ready to kill one-another here.
(He gives two tea to father and the associate)
The father
(drinking the tea) I have never drink such tea in my life. Really you use pure milk.
the tea man
I have four buffalos sir.
The father
It is good. Kidnapping is common here?
The tea man
I tell you a secret sir, but please do not tell it anyone. Today three men were kidnapped before my eyes before this murder. They were from red army. Do you know about red army?
The father
I do not know. What is it?
The tea man
They are very dangerous people. They are capturing land and fighting against police. In this area, Police men never come out of their police station. Ha! ha! ha!!
The father
How much you earn from this tea stall.
The tea man
Villagers are very wicked. They do not want to pay me. If you ask for your money, they will start abusing you. I am doing business here, and I cannot fight against them. Every month I pay five hundred rupees to police, besides I pay one thousand to the red army. Doing business is very difficult here.
the father
Can you recognize those people who have kidnapped three men and the two murders.
The tea man
Never sir, I do not want to loose my life.
The father
(Giving him ten rupees) Thank you very much.
(He comes to his Jeep and the associate follows him)
The associate
They will kill the three men.
The father
We have to save them.
The associate
But we have been asked to report only, We cannot interfere in the local police affairs.
The father
Let me move to the local police station, and you watch the activity here. Where is zebra?
The associate
He is trying to find out those kidnapped men.
the father
How much time will he take?
(He sits on the Jeep.)
the associate
It is difficult to say.
The father
I want it within two hours.
(He starts the Jeep)
If nothing is important here. Leave this place. Better you think, but I want the place within two hours. His tea is good. Catch the man, he will lead you in the right direction. Go and meet his buffalos. They are milky and milk is always good for health, but buffalo milk makes mind dull. Talk to her cow. She will be more fruitful. Women are always too much talkative, She talks nonsense. Go and find out some sense in her talk.
(He goes ahead with his Jeep.)
Cut to…
(The father moves around the whole market with his Jeep. The village market, roads, all the different commodities shops. People are tensed, and talking about this incident, but with care and abuses.)
Villager a
It is the revenge of three people who killed yesterday. Three persons have been kidnapped, here. It is the war between red flag and…
Villager b.
They are going to organize a public court today.
Villager c
Where?
Villager b.
I want to buy some lady-fingers,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Villager d
A final war has started. Blood will flow on this land.
Villager e
I do not want to leave my land, For my land I will fight till death.
Villager d
I too have some land and cattle. Who will leave his land?
Cut to…

Scene 93
Characters: Fathers and 25 police men.
Ext/Evening/ Police station.
(The father enters into the local police station. All police men are moving here and there without dress. Even the do not have arms. Some police men comes to him in civil dress)
police man A
What you want?
The father
Who is the in-charge of the police station?
police man A
He is in field. What you want?
The father
Who is controlling the station on behalf of him?
Police man a
I do not understand what you are saying.
The father
You are in police force?
Police man a
Yes.
The father
You are on duty?
Police man a
Yes.
The father
(Looking him from bottom to top. He is in sleeper and local dress)
Where is your dress?
(Some police men come to him)
police man b
(looking to police man a) What happened?
Police man a
(Laughing) He asking about our dress.
(All the police men laugh and it makes father angry)
Police man b
If you want to complain anything come tomorrow. We are busy now.
The father
I see. You are on duty without dress. (Loosing his temper, and in an authoritative tone) Where is your in-charge? I want to see him just now. Go and call him.
(All the police men realized that the father is a senior officer)
Police man a
He is in field now.
The father
Go and call him.
(All the police men look to each-other in bewilderment. The father is still sitting on his Jeep.)
Police man b
A shopkeeper has been killed today in the market. He is there.
The father
I am coming from that place. He is not there. Tell me the truth.
Police man b
Sorry sir, we are not allowed to tell anything about him. Better you go from here. Anything can happen here.
The father
What do you mean ?
Police man b
The whole area is boiling. We have no men and arms to control them. We are just protecting ourselves. We are only twenty five people here without proper arms. We have no boot and no dress. How we can perform our duty before those bloody organizations that are more equipped than us. We do not want to loose our life. (In an irritating tone) And I am frankly speaking to you. The in-charge of this police station has run away. We are also thinking of it. Now you go away and leave this area as soon as possible.
The father
Oh! it is horrible. Do you have any information regarding the kidnapped persons?
Police man b
All knows that they have been kidnapped by red army, and they are going to held a public court. Who are you and from where you are coming?
The father
A good citizen, just saw the tension in the market and turns here. Thank you very much for your words. Can you tell me where this public court is being held.
Police man b
It is too difficult to say. They always held it secretly. Only there men are allowed to sit in the public court.
The father
Thank you!
(He turns his Jeep and goes out of the police station premises.)

Scene 94
Characters : The son, the third murder and the informer.
Ent/night/ in side hut.
(The son and the murder are sitting in the hut together. A lantern is burning there)
The son
What do you think, will he come?
The murder
We have no alternative, we have to wait.
The son
We will get them alive ?
The murder
God knows.
The son
Do you believe in God ?
The murder
(Showing him his revolver)
My god is this. I know only one thing how to kill the enemy.
The son
Who are your enemy?
The murder
Who are trying to capture my land.
The son
Do you have land?
The murder
My father is a peasant. I was studying in a college in a town. One day they killed my three brothers and tried to capture our land. Since the day I am killing them.
The son
How many people you have killed till now?
The murder
I do not know. I have never counted.
The son
Do you afraid of death?
The murder
Death! I do not think of it. Do you afraid of death?
(The messenger enters into the hut with some clothes. Both of them look to him.)
The messengers
(Throwing the clothes to them) put them on. I have managed to send you in their public court.
The murder
Where it is being held?
The messenger
I do not know, but a man will lead you to them. And with it my work is over.
The murder
No, You have to go to big brother. Tell him everything.
(Both of them changes of their cloths. Now they looks likes poor villagers. The murder put his revolver under his clothe behind his back)
The son
How many shots you have in your revolver?
The murder
I do not know.
The son
Check it.
(The murder thinks a little and check the shots)
The murder
Ten shots. Today I have used only one. You do not have revolver? Would you like to take it ?
The son
(Taking the revolver in his hand )
No. take it. (He returns it to him)
The murder
Move on.
(All of them come outside the hut, an old woman is sitting there)
The messenger
She will lead you to the public court.
(They look to the woman and look to them.)
You have to go by feet, no bike. Best of luck. Once you reach in the public court, her duty will be over. I am going to meet the big brother.
(The woman looks to them and she advances to darkness. Both of them follow her.)
Cut to….

No comments: