Monday, June 16, 2008

Nothing like that (|Scene 1 ot 7))

(Alok nandan, Dedicated to a far voice.)
Scene 1
Characters : Jelly and a make-up man, and a dress man
Ent/day/make-up room.
(Jelly is sitting in front of a big mirror. She is in a sexy dress. A make-up man is doing her hair, and a dress- man is standing beside him with a pair of French-shoes and a Classic French Dress of seventeenth century.)
Jelly
(Looking into the mirror, She watches her lips and breasts with pride)
All men want sexy women. Men are crazy behind hair, lips and….. (Looking to the woods)…They must be exposes on the screen. (To the make-up man) What are you doing with my hair?

The make up man
I am making your hair straight madam, as I have been ordered.

Jelly
Do not be stupid. I want my hair curly. It gives me a sexy look.
The make-up man

You are a queen, you need a sober and decent look.

Jelly
I do not care. What people want form me is important. You do what I say.
(the make-up man starts doing her hair curly.)

The dress man
(Showing her a dress) Madam! You have to put on this dress.

Jelly
(Jelly looking to a dress in disgust)
What is it?
The dress man
Your dress for the court scene.
Jelly

I am looking nice in my won dress. I need no change. You know who has given it to me? I have promised him that I will put on it in one of my movie.
The dress man
But I have been instructed very clearly regarding this scene. I have researched hard to create this period dress. You are playing a role of seventeenth century fun loving queen.

Jelly
I know, I know. But it is not the seventeenth century. Do what I say.

The dress man
But..
Jelly
No but, just follow my instruction. I want to lead this era, era of beauty and sex. (Enthusiastically) I want to make every one mad behind me.
Cut to….
Scene 2

Characters: Actor Jack, and assistant director Nick
Ent/day/ in side his room.

(Actor Jack is sitting very comfortable in his chair. There is a paper in his hand. He is in a make-up of a leader, a very corrupt leader of the French revolution of 1789, belonging The third state. He looks to the script and tries to read some of his dialogues)
Jack

(He reads it, as he is remembering the) Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy. (And looks to the assistant director Nick, who is not satisfied of his dialogue delivering.)

Assistant director Nick

What you are doing ? It is an aggressive dialogue. You are supposed to be aggressive. You are Marro, very clever and aggressive leader of this revolution. Just catch the essence of the dialogues.

Jack
(He tries again) Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am a mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy. (Again the assistant director is not satisfied.)
Assistant director Nick
(With a irritation but cold words) You are not getting the point. You must be aggressive.

Jack
If I am a leader of a revolution, Why will I proclaim myself a mad dog? Who has written this script?

Assistant director Nick
The director himself.

Jack
Tell him to change my dialogues. I want some decent and powerful dialogues. Is it the dialogue…I am a mad dog ? I will bite…Tell him to change this dialogue

Assistant director Nick
If you ask him to change this dialogue he will bite you and you will die. Please remember all the dialogue and come on the set….and of course with aggression. Why do not you stand up and improve your dialogue delivery style?
Jack

(stand up and move here and there. He recites the dialogue as poetry)
Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am a mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy.
Cut to…

Scene 3
Characters : Artist Jon, a junior lady artist Roma and Assistant director Robin.
Ent /day/ in side a room.
Artist Jon is in a bishop dress. He has a bible in his hand, and a script in his another hand and a cigret in his mouth. Roma is standing before him.
Artist Jon
I have a chance to prove me acting skill. So I need your help. I will deliver my dialogue before you. You just support me as Jelly, the queen of the sinking empire.
Roma
First you throw your cigret away. What you are saying I am not getting.
Artist Jon
Ok (He throws his cigret, and looks to his dialogue's paper. He changes his mood and tries to become a decent bishop. He looks to her and deliver his dialogues, in a loud pitch)
For a good kingdom, it is important to have the subject dissatisfied. If they have enough to eat, they will start thinking and a thinking subject is never good for an empire and its activity.(He holds her hands)
Roma
You are bishop, you are not going to touch a queen in this scene.

Artist Jone
(Holding her in his arms) Let me improvise the scene. It will work greatly, darling. And then I will tell the director to implement this improvised scene.

Roma
You do not know the director he will throw you away.

Artist Jon
I will see him. Certainly he will be happy to listen about my improvised scene.
(He started smooching her lips. She does not resist and enjoy his lips movement. He pushes his hands in her skirt and she starts breathing heavily. All of sudden Assistant director Robin enters into the room and see them. Artist Jon looks to him.)

Assistant director Robin
Bishop you are being called. Your shot is ready.
Jon
(Jon turns to Roma and smiles.)
You wait I am just coming.
(He leaves the room in a hurry. Robin comes close to Roma and holds her in his arms. She does not resist.)

Robin
I think you have all qualities to become a great actress.
Roma
Thank you very much. I have a very little role in this film.
Robin
No matter. I will tell the director to enlarge your role. He always follows my suggesting.
(They start kissing each-other)
Cut to…

Scene 4
Characters: Camera man Peter and his two assistants Rose and Tam, some lights-men.
Ent /day/in side a big hall.
(Camera man Peter is sitting on a chair with two of his assistants Rose and Tam. He is smoking a cigret. Rose is looking a map of shots, Tam is filling a magazine in a movie camera.)

Rose
(Looking to the maps) Sir, we have to fix four cameras according to this map-chart.
(Peter looks to her in a relaxed mood.)
I have discussed with assistant directors. They want to cover the queen court according to these angles.

Peter
(In his natural harsh tone.He always speaks like a barking dog.) A good camera man never thinks according to the chart. Fuck the chart. Watch the sets and think according to it. Director thinks non-sense while a camera man is always pragmatic.

Rose
(With a little hesitation) But directorial team has worked hard over the placement of cameras. And they do not want any diversion.

Peter
You are assisting me or the directorial team?

Rose
You, sir.

Peter
Then learn the rules of the game according to my ways. Is that clear?

(Jon comes to the Peter and Rose.)
Jon
( Looking to the camera. To peter)
The camera is ready?

(Peter looks to him form the top to bottom.)
Peter
Are you a junior artist?
Jon

(With proud) I am doing a leading role in this film. I am a bishop. Is camera ready?

Peter
You don’t eat my head. Stage is not ready now. You have more time to remember your dialogues.
Jon
I have already remembered them. Would you like to listen?
Peter
Go and show your acting capability to your director. It will be more fruitful. Where is the director?

(Jackson sees the another camera assistant who is working loading the camera and stands before the camera)

Jon
Let me have a rehearsal. (He turns to Rose) Would you mind to give me a support please?
Rose
No,thanks.

(He stands before a the camera and starts delivering his dialogues )
For a good kingdom, it is important to have the subject dissatisfied. If they have enough to eat, they will start thinking and a thinking subject is never good for an empire and its activity….(With a loud voice) No director has ability to use my all acting capabilities. Where is the director?
Cut to…

Scene 5
Characters : The director, his two assistants Max and Jill and producer Elizabeth.
Ent /day/ in side a room.

(The director is sitting on a chair and watching the details of his shots. The two assistant directors are sitting with him.)
The director
The set is ready?
Max
No, She always takes too much time. The production department always complains against her. It is thinking to remove her.

The director
She is a hell. All artists are ready?

Jill
Yes.

The director
Call them on the set. Where is the chief camera man?

Max
He is still waiting for the set! Liza is talking too much time. Even Madam Elizabeth is very angry with her. She too wants to remove her.

The director
(In irritation) Do not talk nonsense. Only mind your won business. ( Standing up) I want to see the set. This lady is creating more and more problem.

(Elizabeth comes into the room.)
Elizabeth
Who is creating problem?
(The director looks to her in disgust)
Jill
Art director Liza.

(The director looks to Jill with anger)
Elizabeth
I have listened a lot of her. All the unit is against him. Everything is being delayed due to her. (Turning back to the director) you must throw her away. You can make a great movie without her.

The director
She is the part of our unit. Let me talk to her first.

Elizabeth
The camera man is waiting for the set, and …
The director
I know, I know. You just sit here and have a cup of coffee. I will see everything goes according to my plan.

Elizabeth
No, I want you here. (Showing her dress) How I am looking in this dress?
Jill
Very sexy!!
Elizabeth
(She looks to her with anger) I have not asked for
your words.

The director
I do not want any nonsense here. Let me see the set.

Elizabeth
I want to come with you.
The director
Oh, no! Why are you trying to eat my mind?

Elizabeth
(In angry tone)What do mean? Am I eating your mind? I am the producer of this film, never forget it. I want to see what is going all around here.
The director
(With irritation but skillfully) Yes, I know it, so why I am telling it to you. You are the producer and owner of this film. So you must maintain distance against all those working men and women. You must understand your importance. Do not you think so?

Elizabeth
I do.
The director
You are looking very beautiful. (turning to Jill) provide her a cup of coffee. (Turning to Elizabeth)
You just have some rest, I am coming within two minutes.
(The director goes out and Jack and Jill follows him. Elizabeth stands there and mumbles)
Elizabeth
(with a little anger) Where is my coffee?
Cut to…

Scene 6
Characters :The director, his two assistants Max and Jill
Ent/day/ in a gallery
(All of them are walking through a gallery fast)
The director
I want everything in a right way. Where is Peter? Call him on the set.
Max
He does not like an unfinished set.
The director
Have you instructed him about the position of the all the four cameras?
Max
He does not like to talk to an assistant, but I have submitted him all the instruction in written form and have explained each and everything to his assistant Roma.
The director
Call peter on the set. I will talk to him. I will shoot the court seen first. The queen and the bishop are ready?
Max
I have sent Robin to see the bishop. Let me check the queen.

The director
Go fast.
(Max runs to a certain direction. The director and the Jill go ahead.)

Inter cut…

(Max comes to a door,it is a half open door. He looks from the door. Robin and Roma are laying on the ground.They are kissing each-other. He looks from the door and gets excited. All of sudden he opens the door, both of them looks to him.)

Max
You are doing good job here.
Robin
I just
Max
(Comes to Robin and looks to Roma.)
You are doing good acting here. (He turns to Robin)
Where is bishop?
Robin
I have sent him to the set.
Max
But he is not there, go and find out him. The set is ready for shot and the director is very angry.
Robin
Who cares the director? He is eccentric. If I get a chance I can make a better film than him.
Max
I know, you can. But if you do not attend the set right now, You will be kicked off. Run fast to the set.
(Robin goes out of the door. And Max turns to Roma.)
You have a lot of talent.
Roma
Robin was telling me such a thing.
Max
But he does not know how to utilize talented artist. I am his senior. He is learning the art of direction. I will tell you how to present yourself effectively before the camera. (He goes ahead and holds her in his arms)
Can I test your talent?
Roma
I would love it.
(Both of them starts kissing)

…. Inter-cut
(Robin comes out of the room, and thinks a little while. Then he turns back to the door. He pushes the door and sees that both Max and Roma kissing each-other. He enters into the door and comes near to them. They are very much engaged in their activities. They are unaware that Robin is standing there and watching them like a fool man. With high frustration he picks up a glass from a table and throws it on the ground forcefully. Max looks to him with anger.
Max
(With anger)You are still standing here.
Robin
(With same anger)The director has sent me to call you.
Max
Never forget, I am your senior.
Robin
And you never forget that director is your senior.

Max

Ok, come with me.
(He advance to the door. Robin follows him. Max gazes him and he goes out of the door, glancing at Roma. Max turns to Roma)
Max
I will test your talent latter.
(Roma looks to him with sexual frustration.)
Cut to…


Scene 7
Characters: The director, Jill Camera man Peter, his assistant Rosy,Jack and art director Liza, a dress man.
Ent/ day/ In a gallery

(The director is walking ahead, and Jill is following him)
The director
I want to shoot the Queen scene first. Each and every scene needs special care. Call all the artists.
Jill
She does not like to sit on the set, so first we have to check the set. She always creates problem if set is delayed. And you know this Liza is always late in her work.
The director
(In irritating tone) And you are very smart in your job!
Jill
My pleasure ! But I do not mean it.
The director
Have you distributed the scene and dialogues among all the artists?

Jill
Yes. Everything has been explained before them. I am sure they will do their best.
(They come in a big hall. Camera man Peter is sitting on a chair and smoking. His assistant Rose is standing there. Jack is moving with a script.)




Jack
Yes, I am a dog. I am a mad dog. I will bite the monarchy and it will die of my bite. Yes I am mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy.

(The director looks to the Jack. And Jack looks to the director. And with full confidence he tries to influence the director through dialogue delivery)
Yes I am a mad dog…You sent me to the legislative. I will bite the monarchy.
The director
(He is not satisfied with his dialogues delivery. He looks to the Jill)
Is he barking like a mad dog? I want a horrible barking expression. Tell him to bark like a mad dog, I don’t want a artist, I want a mad barking dog here.
(He comes to the Jack) Have you ever seen a mad barking dog? If not come with me.
(He comes to the Camera man Peter.)
Peter what is going on?
Peter
(Still smoking, very irritating and aggressive way) Everything is hell here, the set is not ready.I never understand what is going on here. Your art director is a hell. She kills more time.
(The director turns to the Jack)
I want this expression, Did get the point. You must imagine yourself as a mad dog, and everything will be easy for you.
(Peter looks to him angrily, and smokes very fast)

Jack
But this dialogue does not fit for a leader.

The director
You only think about the expression. Do not worry about the dialogue and story. I am here to take care of it.
(Turning to Jill). Were is the queen? Peter, would mind to come with me. I would like to see the set together.
Peter
(Leaving his chair) I do not understand you are making a movie or doing a nonsense drama here? Is it the way of making a movie? If you want everything in time fire the art director.
The director
I do not need your suggestion in creative department. You just take care of your won work.
(He advances in a big room, where Liza is busy with a French Painting. She is hanging it on a wall beside the throne of queen. She is unaware of the presence of director, Peter, Rose, Jill and Jack who have entered in the room. The director watches the set very keenly and seems satisfied. Even Peter feels that the set has been created perfectly.)
Jill
(In a loud voice, to Liza) You always take too much time.
(She listens his harsh voice and loose her control over the painting. The frame fells down on the ground and its breaks. She does not understand what to say. She looks to the director who is gazing angrily to the Jill.)

Peter
(To the director, in an irony tone) How smart she is!
Liza
(Coming to the director) I am sorry.
The director
Its ok. (Turning to Peter) You can arrange your camera. I want to cover the whole sets in a magnificent way…it is the court of the king (Turning to the Jill)
Where is the queen?

Jelly
(Entering into the room with her sexy dress.)
I am here. (She moves on as if she is doing cat-walk on a ramp. The director looks to her lady cut-shoes and he looses his temper.)
The director
(In a fit of anger, looking her beautiful lady cut-shoes)
What is it?

(Jelly looks to the cut-shoe surprisingly and then she looks to the director, she is not ready for this reaction.)
Where is the shoes of queen ?
(The dress man who is standing behind Jelly runs to the director with a special French shoes, and French dress.)

The dress man
Here is the shoe.

The director
(Looking to him, with high anger, and lowing down his head) Hit it against my head.
(The dress man goes ahead to hit him, but realizes it is not his job and he stops)

How can I do it?
The director
You can not hit it against my head ! Hmmm ! Then go and put them in Queen's feet.
(He looks to Jelly who is in indecisive condition, little afraid and irritated, and turns to the director.)

The dress man
And what about this dress?

The director
(With a smiling pose.) I will be look beautiful in this dress behind the camera, directing My queen. Help me to wear it. (With a fanatic angry voice).Go to queen and ready her with this dress only…Do you understand ? With this dress only, with this dress and this shoe only. Now run fast. If she cry, tear down her all the clothes. I want my queen only. (Look to the Jelly). Is that clear Jelly?

(Jelly looks to him with confusion. The dress man comes to her. He looks to her. And she goes out of the set, the dress man follows her. He looks to Liza, and she understands what he is looking for. Without word she goes away. Then he turns to the Peter.)
I do not want to bark more, Will you fix the cameras please ?
(He is still smoking. He looks to Rose, and Rose runs fast.)

(Looking to Jill, in a fanatic tone) Where are my all assist dogs? I want them here now.

Cut to…..

3 comments:

Elsie said...

Alok,

This is wonderful and funny, funny funny! I love the characters already--each already has a personality developing. I can see the camera in motion following the director as goes from one impossible character to the next.

I enjoyed it completely. I'm eager for more!
Lara

Alok Nandan said...

Lara !!
Your wonderfull mind has provoked me to write it. I am very happy that you like it...I am reading your edits works. You have done a wonderfull work...but I am not going to publish it...because it will be the final work...I hope you will wash each and every scene continously...I will save all the edited draft in a speciall file and when is is completed, I will give you all the file..Is it ok? Can I congratulate myself for this good begining?
alok nandan

Elsie said...

Yes! Congratulations are in order. I don't know how to write something funny. But you do, and I'm impressed. I'm looking forward to more.

Lara