Monday, February 18, 2008

psychological problem with "The Bourne Ultimatum."

psychological problem with "The Bourne Ultimatum."

One of my young friend came to me with a book The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum. I had already read his earlier work The Bourne Identity, and of course it a fascinating one. So I requested him to give me the book and he was so kind to accept my request. I was glad to have this book, not knowing about the problem I had to face.
Every man under the sky has some habits, -the theory of habits can be explained in many ways- and I, too, have some habits. I cannot read a book without a pen or pencil in my hand and automatically it runs over the books. So why I prefer to buy book and read it as freely as I can. One thing I want to mention here I always buy books from Kabari. And I am very glad to say that I have read a lot good of books from kabari--from Aristotle to GB Shaw and Mario Puzo. And whenever I goes to kabari for books one of my friends always remove in my mind, ''Book and Wife must not be shared.'' Although I have some different ideas about books. A book should be used like a prostitute. Certainly it gives pleasure, mental pleasure, and this pleasure must be shared among those who are near and dear to you. Loving books collectively is not a immoral act.
Well, let me say my humble problem about the Bourne Ultimatum. When I sat to read it with a pen in my hands, a moral sense arose. My hand was trembling while my eyes were running over the words and sentences of the book. I was feeling a strong desire to use my pen but I could not do it as this book not my mine. The inner sense and habit contradicted to each other and I found myself in great problem, a psychological problem. I consulted one of my other friend with this problem. He quickly got my point and said better to ask that friend. If he allowed you to use your pen. Then I met that friend with my friend. He said that the book was not his. So would not allow to use pen. I requested for the pencil but he refused bluntly.
As I had read the David dialogue, '' We knew it would happen. It was merely a question of time, '' I could not leave it. It captured my mind But the psychological problem still remained. I was very much anxious and thought to consult a psychiatrist. But it was too costly so I had to leave the idea. For this money I could drink a bottle of Vodaka, I loved this Russian wine very much. I had finished all the Volume of Marks, Engles and Lenin, with Vokaka four years ago, of course using my pen over their words as all the books had been bought from kabari.
In spite of a deep thinking I could not come to any solution. It affected all my works. Then one of my friends suggested me to read the book with a copy and a pen during reading. In stead of overruling the words and sentences, write them down on the copy. Yes it sounded good. And I picked up the tactics and it worked soundly. Let me go show some words and sentence from my copy.
Station wagon, the hills of new Hampshire, the Messachusetts border, David, the second Name. archive security, He is marked now, he is a dead now. , Let me be the killer , you cannot be, Medusa, the bastard battalion from Vietnam, the Jungle of South East Asia, searching out and destroying whole segment of global economy, Pentagon etc.


A lot of questions arose in my mind about segment of global economy but I had no time to stop over it. I had to go….And now I am reading the Bourne Ultimatum as well as doing my all the day-to-day works. So let me go ahead with it and wait for more….I will come back very soon. If you help me to remove my psychological problem, I will be grateful…Otherwise I am trying my level best to change my reading habit.

Have a Good night







No comments: