Saturday, August 9, 2008

No more blood and tears !!

You are civilized, you have walked ahead;
You do not run behind animals, with stones;
Do not live in caves and eat meat with blood
You discovered fire, then electron, proton and neutron
Now, You are directing the natural forces;
Ah! You are civilized, You have walked ahead.
You have used ''Little boy'' and '' Fat man'';
And have destructed Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
You are capable to destroy your whole existence.
What the hell you are doing? Arm race! For what?
O, Civilized world ! You have hurt yourself enough;
Now you have created ''Big Giant''.
It will eat you, it will eat you....Hey!! Stop yourself.
......................No more blood and tears !!

2 comments:

Elsie said...

Alok,

Your passion and sincerity in this poem is very real. It seems to be a conversation between you and the United States. Perhaps it would be more interesting as a conversation between two people, rather than one man and a nation?

I'm not a writer or a poet, so take my comments for what they are worth. I'm sure your creative inspiration will take you where you want to go. I suspect all of the written art forms take a great deal of effort to perfect.

Lara

Alok Nandan said...

I am not talking to United states...not with one nation...I am talking to United nations of Organization...I am talking to whole people....If a man dies by a man...it means I die because I am a little part of humanity...and how can I see my one hand cut my another hand...If some one cries, I cry as he or she is part of my body...how can I sleep soundly while my whole existence is at stake...I love people not nations ...I hate boundry and arms...not people...You can say I am talking to myself..when I talk to myself I talk to humanity...I love life and its music...
Thank you for your words
alok nandan